EFL at the den

HappyLion

For once we are the first game up and a bit about Neils return. Its repeated this morning about 9am on ITV4HD & you can stream on ITV X.

Last edited:
Just watched it and they only showed two efforts on goal by us, the goal and the Watmore chance
Basically we didn't create a single chance all game, deflected free kick and defensive mix up was all we had.
Yesterday knocked my confidence in us staying up, there are very few teams playing as badly as Watford at the moment.

Basically we didn't create a single chance all game, deflected free kick and defensive mix up was all we had.
Yesterday knocked my confidence in us staying up, there are very few teams playing as badly as Watford at the moment.
100%.

2 great results but totally unconvinced by the performance, especially yesterday’s 2nd half 😞

With Tom out for the season and Nisbet nowhere near fit at present, we’ve got to find a way of playing that’ll create chances. Nothing I witnessed yesterday suggests that’s going to happen 🤷‍♂️

Ridiculous as it sounds but yesterday’s depressed me.

Last edited:
We are in a dogfight so we will not be seeing pretty football or flair players, it will be backs to the wall and Neil Harris is the man to get us over the line.

Having watched the last two games his set up and tactics have not changed at all since he was last with us, we have changed the way we played under Edwards and once Managers are aware of the change it might not be so effective which is why we need to get as many points as we can on the board sooner rather than later, because it wont take long to figure out that balls over the top of our defence to quick players will undo us, as nearly happened three times yesterday.

We have if nothing else looked in our last 2 games like we arent pushovers or a side that falls apart the firsr time we come under pressure or concede a goal . That alone builds a bit of confidence, with everyone winning around us makes it harder , bur these players have enough about them to stay up , wouldnt have said before the southampton game

We weren't creating bucketloads of chances under Edwards either, but we were giving away avoidable goals. In the last two games, we have been a lot more solid defensively. Watford might not have been much good but we limited Soton to 3 chances (one of which was a lucky deflection).

Without these two wins we'd be in serious shit and make no mistake, we'd have lost them without the managerial change.

As for creating chances, we had six attempts at goal yesterday. When we played QPR away we had two attempts on goal in the entire game in what was one of the most pathetic and spineless performances I have ever seen from a Millwall team.

The football isn't great but I don't understand what Harris is meant to do. The club was on the floor when he took over and we have played a top 4 team and a team in the top 10 and won both. That is a minor fucking miracle.

We beat Southampton too. Six points out of a possible six. One goal conceded. We won't stay up by trying to play open football in this division for the simple reason that most of the other teams have better stikers than we do. If we try and create 10 chances, we'll probably leave enough space for the oppo to create nearly as many, if not more. The results will be exactly what we saw under Edwards.

100%.

2 great results but totally unconvinced by the performance, especially yesterday’s 2nd half 😞

With Tom out for the season and Nisbet nowhere near fit at present, we’ve got to find a way of playing that’ll create chances. Nothing I witnessed yesterday suggests that’s going to happen 🤷‍♂️

Ridiculous as it sounds but yesterday’s depressed me.
I see where you are coming from, a fair number of the good old long diagonal ball, some really sloppy passing at times and disturbingly easy at times for Whatfor players to pass through or ranks.

However, it’s a results game and it was a superb result and a very solid defensive display at a raucous Den. Hopefully, as we have more confidence in defence, the team will have more confidence and composure going forward.

Without these two wins we'd be in serious shit and make no mistake, we'd have lost them without the managerial change.

As for creating chances, we had six attempts at goal yesterday. When we played QPR away we had two attempts on goal in the entire game in what was one of the most pathetic and spineless performances I have ever seen from a Millwall team.

The football isn't great but I don't understand what Harris is meant to do. The club was on the floor when he took over and we have played a top 4 team and a team in the top 10 and won both. That is a minor fucking miracle.
Please stop talking sense. Some on here don't seem to want to hear it.

We beat Southampton too. Six points out of a possible six. One goal conceded. We won't stay up by trying to play open football in this division for the simple reason that most of the other teams have better stikers than we do. If we try and create 10 chances, we'll probably leave enough space for the oppo to create nearly as many, if not more. The results will be exactly what we saw under Edwards.
Southampton have a team where 7 or 8 of them are premiership players, Watford currently are playing like a relegation team , that difference should of meant a better performance from us, especially going forward and I thought we were far worse in possession than last week.
The forwards looked exactly the same as when Edwards was in charge, too often isolated when a ball got played to them, 3 points is great but I just think we didn't deserve them.

Harris said we can play better. He seems to have stopped the rot and breathed life into the Lions. I could not care how we play as long as we stay up. 6 points from 6!!! We need to focus on what is important at the moment and that is being hard to beat and getting points on the board. We have to do our bit as fans and get behind them.

as someone mentioned early on the forum, GR's quote really now starts to pack a punch "look, if i had six jeds then of course i'd change the way we play."

what do people expect - we are going to play like this because man for man, quite simply the players we have are not as good as teh players most other teams have got. they might look good in our eyes because our main bench mark is previous players, but we forget the other 23 teams and their players

as someone mentioned early on the forum, GR's quote really now starts to pack a punch "look, if i had six jeds then of course i'd change the way we play."

what do people expect - we are going to play like this because man for man, quite simply the players we have are not as good as teh players most other teams have got.

I really can't understand why some people can't see this.

I really can't understand why some people can't see this.
it's not really understand that you have to play to your strengths and weaknesses rather than an imaginary idea of how thigns should be.

bit like life itself lol

it will only be when the routine is disrupted such as when GR went that the truth comes out. he was very very sensible in never making us a sweet moving "footballing side". he wouldn't have lasted 6 months.