Dundee United

They're as bad as each other up there, bring politics/ religion into football and that's what you end up with.
Rangers just like Millwall get massive negative press, almost incessantly, they get negative press. This last week they don’t deserve any bad press, they don’t deserve to be tagged with a mob who derided the Queen and her son in heir. Rangers fans were at the forefront of those in the U.K. who showed respect to the memory of the Queen. They were miles away from being as bad as some others this week, they were indeed miles ahead of most.

They're as bad as each other up there, bring politics/ religion into football and that's what you end up with.
This is the impression I get from the Jocks I have spoken with on the subject.
Fans of other clubs have equal contempt for BOTH the Glasgow teams although leaving the religious aspect aside its not surprising when the old firm have a monopoly on their game. The perception seems to be that there are no good or bad among them with each trying to take the moral high ground ie - Celtic are all IRA supporters and Rangers fans pure bigots.
The Aberdeen boys who used to be in with Wall always insisted their support had no sectarian tendencies with both Catholic and Protestants among their number without friction.
Rangers are sometimes portrayed on this forum as the good guys but Peckhams link (above) is quite shocking for the 21st century and perhaps suggests Rangers fans allegiance to the Royal Family may not be for the best of reasons?
Again - just my perception - but I have long had the impression half of the Scottish nation are still fighting the battle of Bannockburn whilst the other 50% the battle of the Boyne.
As I say these are just my observations and I will add that Halfway on here seems a decent sort!

This is the impression I get from the Jocks I have spoken with on the subject.
Fans of other clubs have equal contempt for BOTH the Glasgow teams although leaving the religious aspect aside its not surprising when the old firm have a monopoly on their game. The perception seems to be that there are no good or bad among them with each trying to take the moral high ground ie - Celtic are all IRA supporters and Rangers fans pure bigots.
The Aberdeen boys who used to be in with Wall always insisted their support had no sectarian tendencies with both Catholic and Protestants among their number without friction.
Rangers are sometimes portrayed on this forum as the good guys but Peckhams link (above) is quite shocking for the 21st century and perhaps suggests Rangers fans allegiance to the Royal Family may not be for the best of reasons?
Again - just my perception - but I have long had the impression half of the Scottish nation are still fighting the battle of Bannockburn whilst the other 50% the battle of the Boyne.
As I say these are just my observations and I will add that Halfway on here seems a decent sort!
The Sun....

You know the old adage about the problem of “generalisation“ Royal Archer, you know when you say that Rangers fans are all pure bigots and Celtic fans are all IRA supporters; well this Sun article sums it up perfectly.

It says that 5000 Rangers fans were in Braga and that they have videos of dozens of supporters singing nasty songs in a pub/plane. So the generalisation of the Sun article is that these couple of dozen fans represented the other 4950 supporters who weren’t singing the song and in fact have probably never ever heard the bloody dirge.

Rangers and Celtic have millions of fans all over the World, it is preposterous to say they’re either all bigots or all IRA supporters, although that may well be your perception because it’s the vocal idiots who grab the headlines. The truth is in Glasgow the vast majority of fans live beside each other, work beside each other, go for pints with each other and generally get on.

I know there are many Rangers fans who could legitimately be called bigots, probably thousands, but they’re honestly a minority within the couple of million fans.

Celtic fans may not be all IRA supporters but many are and many many others have sympathies.

By allowing that shit Green Brigade spout such bollocks in your stadium means you are fully complicit.

I remember the NF getting slung out at The Den in the late 70's, when they flourished at other clubs.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

So fuck the IRA sympathising cunts

Rangers just like Millwall get massive negative press, almost incessantly, they get negative press. This last week they don’t deserve any bad press, they don’t deserve to be tagged with a mob who derided the Queen and her son in heir. Rangers fans were at the forefront of those in the U.K. who showed respect to the memory of the Queen. They were miles away from being as bad as some others this week, they were indeed miles ahead of most.
Millwall are not “Englands shame”. ……..

Celtic fans may not be all IRA supporters but many are and many many others have sympathies.

By allowing that shit Green Brigade spout such bollocks in your stadium means you are fully complicit.

I remember the NF getting slung out at The Den in the late 70's, when they flourished at other clubs.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

So fuck the IRA sympathising cunts

complicit? their allocation of tickets in recent years has been cut from 8000 to 800 and they’re not allowed displays or tifo.

complicit? their allocation of tickets in recent years has been cut from 8000 to 800 and they’re not allowed displays or tifo.
When I said in your stadium, I didn’t mean at Ibrox or other away grounds. I meant that the Celtic hierarchy and fellow Celtic fans tolerate those scum at Parkhead, therefore they are complicit in the IRA love in.

Other outlets are available. they show the same stuff, players and fans singing fuck the pope. Next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
"Players and fans"? I thought it was "fans".
They're probably wasting their breath anyway because who gives a fuck in the great scheme of things??

"Players and fans"? I thought it was "fans".
Trawl the net, there's stuff there that the Sun haven't put up.

They're probably wasting their breath anyway because who gives a fuck in the great scheme of things??
True but it seems bods do, for a Millwall forum there's regular bits about what Celtic and Rangers fans are up to. The only club i have interest in is ours, fuck knows why bods are bothering about and defending anyone elses.