Dundee United

Saxon Lion

Dundee fans disrupt minute's silence​

Dundee United fans disrupted the minute's silence in memory of the Queen before the Premiership game against Rangers at Ibrox.
The Light Blues had confirmed they planned the tribute for their home game, as well as the singing of the national anthem before kick-off.
However, boos and chanting could be heard coming from the corner of the stadium which housed several hundred Dundee United supporters, which led some home team supporters to boo United fans

bloody disgraceful.

Dundee fans disrupt minute's silence​

Dundee United fans disrupted the minute's silence in memory of the Queen before the Premiership game against Rangers at Ibrox.
The Light Blues had confirmed they planned the tribute for their home game, as well as the singing of the national anthem before kick-off.
However, boos and chanting could be heard coming from the corner of the stadium which housed several hundred Dundee United supporters, which led some home team supporters to boo United fans

bloody disgraceful.
Hope they choke on their disgusting cake🤮morons

Celtic scum cunt Postagoglou, as per usual with that vile club
“We live in a society where people can express their own values in any way they want. My club will do it our way, and everyone else can do what they like.”

How anyone with a shred of decency can play for that club is beyond me.

Ex Celtic player Tony Watt now playing for Dundee Utd, broke away from the centre circle after the minutes silence finished to applaud the Dundee Utd fans who sang the song and booed.

I went to a Dundee Utd v Rangers game early 80s, with Rangers. Mate with me (East Fife supporter) told me DU were Catholic. Did seem to be a lot of hatred coming from the Gers. Fella next to me threw an empty whisky bottle at them. Sadly hit a young kid who got taken out with a bad head wound.

I went to a Dundee Utd v Rangers game early 80s, with Rangers. Mate with me (East Fife supporter) told me DU were Catholic. Did seem to be a lot of hatred coming from the Gers. Fella next to me threw an empty whisky bottle at them. Sadly hit a young kid who got taken out with a bad head wound.
Dundee United we’re formed as Dundee Hibernian in 1909, they changed their name in 1923.

If you don’t want to keep quiet for a minute then turn up late. If you don’t want to hear the National Anthem then stay in the bar area or bogs until it’s over. You can’t force these people to grieve, that’s fair enough, but surely they can show a bit of respect? (at the very least until after the funeral) She was their Queen too
Totally mate. I find it sickening.

If you don’t want to keep quiet for a minute then turn up late. If you don’t want to hear the National Anthem then stay in the bar area or bogs until it’s over. You can’t force these people to grieve, that’s fair enough, but surely they can show a bit of respect? (at the very least until after the funeral) She was their Queen too
The issue with these wee boys who turned up to boo yesterday, was that was their sole intent, their modus operandi at Ibrox yesterday was to cause offence. The UTD away fans was much more than normal, the usual away support was boosted by a hundred or so young bastards who don’t normally travel.

The police kept them in for over 45 minutes after the game for their own safety, even then a couple of hundred Rangers supporters hung around to get at them.

The issue with these wee boys who turned up to boo yesterday, was that was their sole intent, their modus operandi at Ibrox yesterday was to cause offence. The UTD away fans was much more than normal, the usual away support was boosted by a hundred or so young bastards who don’t normally travel.

The police kept them in for over 45 minutes after the game for their own safety, even then a couple of hundred Rangers supporters hung around to get at them.

Seriously hope they get it at some point.

Can someone enlighten me, do Rangers fans have a derogatory chant or two when a Pope dies? Maybe they do I suppose
The only one I can remember is when two popes died within a couple of weeks of each other in the late 70’s and a chant went round; two popes gone and the Queen reigns on. Because there isn’t a minutes silence for the death of a pope then the opportunity for a support to make an arse of themselves is not as great.