Deeney

Might sound a bit strange for an Irish man to say this but I'd have thought that the right history to teach in British schools is British history. Fine, add in anything about black people or whatever that's relevant to British history if you want but what's wrong with British history in British schools.
Dont worry you'll be getting it over there soon!

Might sound a bit strange for an Irish man to say this but I'd have thought that the right history to teach in British schools is British history. Fine, add in anything about black people or whatever that's relevant to British history if you want but what's wrong with British history in British schools.
The Moors sailed round Europe, Britain ,Ireland etc taking slaves long before we did.
Slavery still rife across Africa, arabia etc never gets a mention

Good idea so where do you start? The Gulf Arabs sailing down to East Africa then BUYING repeat BUYING thousands of natives from their tribal leaders then marching them to the west coast for sale to the European slavers
Very good point, Obeney but, those facts do tend to be ignored and often conveniently deleted from history by certain quarters.

I’m all for the teaching of black and Asian history being taught in schools and to that they can add the history of the white working classes who lived in poverty and appalling conditions for centuries exploited by business men and the aristocracy and sacrificed in wars and battles 🤔
That’s still going on Purley

The lack of black history is down to the lack of black historians in the African countries to record historic events. What we do know is that it was the black hierarchy that supplied the slaves to the European and American market and it wasn’t illegal at the time.

Very strange :grinning:
There is plenty of black history and if you have an interest in history the wokerati would already know about it. Just because you know fuck all about history and you have just looked it up does not mean we have to make a special case to add black history.

Get off your social media and take an interest in all history and open your eyes. for starters try the 'red tails' - ' best tank regiment in europe' - 'West africa station' - 'the black sailor who shot the Frenchman who killed Nelson'. - Mary Seacole'

Very strange :grinning:
There is plenty of black history and if you have an interest in history the wokerati would already know about it. Just because you know fuck all about history and you have just looked it up does not mean we have to make a special case to add black history.

Get off your social media and take an interest in all history and open your eyes. for starters try the 'red tails' - ' best tank regiment in europe' - 'West africa station' - 'the black sailor who shot the Frenchman who killed Nelson'. - Mary Seacole'
Tanks have tails?