De Norre

Completely overlook our previous results of late and focus on this one game. I think it's our first poor showing in a while, it happens to the best of teams too. I just hope the players aren't like some of our fans who's bottle seems to have gone on the strength of one poor showing. Harris has given us a chance of staying up, that is all. If we hadn't binned Edwards we'd have nothing to moan about today cause we'd have been relegated along with Rotherham weeks ago.

We had a go.

View attachment 25622
I think De Norre played his part in those stats, he played with urgency and a desire to go past his opponent, very good passing range and often was looking for a forward pass although too many times no one was finding space for the pass to be made.

Sadly have to agree about Flemming. I know he has bags of talent, and I want him to succeed. This season he has been all over the place. Different Manager, Roles, can't have helped. With his talent he should have dominated today, but didn't come close.
A bit ring rusty f played much better 2nd and tried to move the ball forward , football was dire and clueless and super star Flemming was non existent yet again , Harris is a stop gap not the future as today as shown let’s hope his 6 year old football style keeps us up

often was looking for a forward pass although too many times no one was finding space for the pass to be made.
We are seriously lacking in the attacking department mate. I kind of felt this result was coming cause you can't keep on relying on one goal per game to get you points. Today is a setback no doubt but our recent results and the fact we created plenty of chances and had attempts on target today doesn't leave me feeling to despondent. I'm confident that we'll get a positive reaction at Huddersfield. We were dead and buried before Harris came back so i won't be writing us off and predicting doom after one set back like today. I'd be more concerned if had no fight or weren't getting results. We have, we are and live to fight another day.

To be fair to De Norre he’s probably not match fit but talking of people that have gone missing, where exactly is Purley? :grinning:
Played golf yesterday and didn’t get home till late 😉

Only seen the highlights but noticed De Norre won a block(ish) tackle on the edge of their box before laying it off for Flemming’s shot that brought an excellent save from their keeper and also fed Obafemi to cross for Cooper’s missed header. Two contributions I wouldn’t expect from too many of our midfielders 🤷‍♂️

Tanganga’s positioning for both their goals and his missed header suggests he didn’t have the best of games and I’m pretty sure that if Hutch had played they wouldn’t have scored their 2nd and he would have buried our chance in their box, but there’s no way NH could have selected Hutch to start 🤷‍♂️

A bad day at the office all round 🥲

De Norre lost possession of the ball a lot in the first half (which other teams will make us pay for), as they put two men on him.

Tanganga played well yesterday but cannot hold the defence on his own, he was pushed in the back for their second.

We can all look at players with rose tinted glasses by picking only the good or bad bits of their play, what i noticed yesterday was that our defensive shape was not the same as Friday and we looked disjointed at times.

The positive with De Norre is he always looks like he wants the ball and shows for it. Too often our defenders look up and there is absolutely nothing on, hence our tendency to hoof it aimlessly. He drops in to spaces which the other midfielders dont to make himself available for a simpler pass. He also tries to move it forward rather than sideways or backwards. He wasnt outstanding yesterday but he is the most intelligent player we have in my opinion.

I like Longman as he always seems very positive when he comes on.
Likes to take on the full back which will do for me.
Would also like Esse to be on the pitch earlier if he is a sub.

I was there yesterday, just a few rows back right behind the goal.
Did anyone else see their keeper try to trip Jake as an attack of ours broke down?
He actually made contact which the ref or linesman failed to spot.

I think De Norre played his part in those stats, he played with urgency and a desire to go past his opponent, very good passing range and often was looking for a forward pass although too many times no one was finding space for the pass to be made.
Isn't that exactly the same for Billy, Does anyone really think we were a better team without Mitchell today.

That's Millwall all over mate. Beat a premier side in the cup and lose to Barnsley the following week. Welcome a team to the Den that hasn't won away for half a fucking century and guess what :grinning:
How many wall predicted that defeat. I didn't get to see it but the result didn't surprise me in the slightest. Wish I'd put a pony on it.

De Norre and Flemming seem to play at a slow pace, need time on the ball. They both get caught in possession. It’s the spliffs 😀
I think it’s fair to say all our midfielders and forwards get caught in possession 🤷‍♂️

There was an instance 10 minutes into the 2nd half v WBA when we had a potential Obafemi/Flemming overlap on the right when one of midfielders received the ball. All he had to do was control and pass sideways for us to create a great opportunity. But no, took an extra touch tried to carry the ball towards Obafemi and Flemming got caught in possession and opportunity got 🤷‍♂️

Isn't that exactly the same for Billy, Does anyone really think we were a better team without Mitchell today.
I don't think Mitchell is anywhere near De Norre's standard when it comes to the attacking side of their game, Mitchell is young and hopefully not the finished product and could play alongside him but it would be a case of Mitchell winning the ball and laying it off to De Norre.
I'm not anti Mitchell but for me he is 3rd choice CM at the moment and yesterday when we did start to play well De Norre was involved in a lot of it.

I think it’s fair to say all our midfielders and forwards get caught in possession 🤷‍♂️

There was an instance 10 minutes into the 2nd half v WBA when we had a potential Obafemi/Flemming overlap on the right when one of midfielders received the ball. All he had to do was control and pass sideways for us to create a great opportunity. But no, took an extra touch tried to carry the ball towards Obafemi and Flemming got caught in possession and opportunity got 🤷‍♂️
Currently De Norre has 31% of the Southwark News player of the match vote 🤔

Currently De Norre has 31% of the Southwark News player of the match vote 🤔
Tanganga had a very good game apart from the push in the back before their second (he would have got to the ball first if not shoved) and a header one yard out that he should have scored, his positional sense is way above our other defenders and reads the game well, at times he looks like he is defending on his own due to others not picking up oppo attacking movement.
He is a quality player.