Coventry V The mighty Lions------ Sunday 12pm

waht disturbed me today was how, after the first twenty minutes, we cleared teh ball to them, or just lost it through general weakness.

first time today i thought we looked really poor under JE.

I do think though if we'd have got a second we would have been home and dry. we just seemed to go flat very easily and very quickly.

i cannot even remember a single period of sustained possession after the first 20 minutes.

For a long time the team seem to have a habit of dropping deep if we score first which happened yesterday after half an hour and has been happening under Harris, Rowet and now Edwards, no team can defend for that long in a game at todays pace and get away with it.

We might get lucky now and again and hold out for a draw but that way of playing will lose a lot of games, so is it the players the manager or the coaching at fault because it is a trait and mindset that we have had for too long. .

Absolutely nothing. No emotion, good or bad. No despair, no protesting, not even guilt. Nothing. He has personally lost us points. A single player has cost us points.
I understand he’s quite a reserved person to conceals his emotions.

Absolutely nothing. No emotion, good or bad. No despair, no protesting, not even guilt. Nothing. He has personally lost us points. A single player has cost us points.
11 players on the pitch, yes individual mistakes have cost us goals , but we've had enough time and man power in games to have rectified those mistakes. Yesterday he was out of position with the Cov player and went with his dominant right foot to try and get the ball , had he gone with his left and got the ball it would have gone across our area. I don't particularly think he is a good defender not a right back anyway ,in my eyes he'd be ideal as ball winner in the middle ,but we are over subscribed there.
Basically ,what I'm saying is it's not all down to him , Watmore put us in the shit at Hull ,but again we had plenty of time to dig ourselves out of it , our forward players must take their share of responsibility as well for not tucking away opportunities .
IMHO

Hard one to take yet again, the way we fold after the other team score is a huge worry for me. Looks as if we cant play how JE wants us too as the players arent fit enough? Also no leaders out there for me, i love Coops but he isnt a skipper and asides from Hutch & Sav i don't see anyone else who would make a good captain.

Only real positives were Rom's goal, Obafemi had a few half chances from nothing & Mayor looks like he can beat a man, Can't see us doing much againsts Ipswich or Saints so the Shef Wednesday game will be massive

11 players on the pitch, yes individual mistakes have cost us goals , but we've had enough time and man power in games to have rectified those mistakes. Yesterday he was out of position with the Cov player and went with his dominant right foot to try and get the ball , had he gone with his left and got the ball it would have gone across our area. I don't particularly think he is a good defender not a right back anyway ,in my eyes he'd be ideal as ball winner in the middle ,but we are over subscribed there.
Basically ,what I'm saying is it's not all down to him , Watmore put us in the shit at Hull ,but again we had plenty of time to dig ourselves out of it , our forward players must take their share of responsibility as well for not tucking away opportunities .
IMHO
Good point. If you don’t take your chances when they come you’re leaving yourself wide open. Middlesbrough, Preston at home to name a couple and now yesterday, plenty of opportunities to kill games off before the opposition score. Not been clinical or professional enough to do so

Hard one to take yet again, the way we fold after the other team score is a huge worry
You are right to worry. Everybody is worried about that, and oppo teams must all know by now how it is.
Just, please don't run away with the idea that this is a Joe Edwards problem.
We were like this before he arrived.
I have one word to offer in evidence...BLACKBURN.
I rest my case.

You are right to worry. Everybody is worried about that, and oppo teams must all know by now how it is.
I rest my case.

This is correct. This started at the back end of last season.

I rest my case.

Our form at the end of last season was terrible and the capitulation against Blackburn was almost unforgivable. Throw in the fact the chairman passed away unexpectedly and the change of manager midway through the season and you have a club that has been in turmoil for some time.

Our form at the end of last season was terrible and the capitulation against Blackburn was almost unforgivable. Throw in the fact the chairman passed away unexpectedly and the change of manager midway through the season and you have a club that has been in turmoil for some time.

Was our form really that bad in the last few months of last season though? Yes there were some disappointing defeats especially Huddersfield, Birmingham and Wigan but how much of that was injuries and fatigue? A lot of it I would say.

Among those games there were still some decent results, wins against Sheffield United, Swansea, Preston with some credible draws against Burnley, Luton and West Brom. There were also victories at some tricky away matches too.

My point is that even though we were fielding players like Bradshaw, Cooper, Saville and Mitchell who had run themselves into the ground and others carrying knocks with all the added pressure of being in the top six we were still a very compact competitive hard to beat side. Can you honestly say that about the current set up now?

For those who are tearing JE a new one and think bringing in a new manager is a good idea, along with comparing him to GR's record: Up until this point, there is very little difference between the two this season, other than JE has had a terrible time with player injuries. Off the top of my head, more problems than GR had, I think.

When JE did have a settled team, he put a good run together. Even in defeat, there have been some good performances, although the team couldn't sustain it for most of the game. Of course, as usual, some shit as well. But once again, so did GR. Norwich springs to mind.

I was one of those who didn't want GR out or gone and he surprised me when left, but at times, I have seen some much better Football under JE than most times with GR. For me, he needs support and more time.

Below are both records this season so far. Not much in it really, and certainly not enough to think JE is some kind of fucking inexperienced, Football numpty, who tactically doesn't know what he is doing.

GR - 17 points from 15 games F15 A19 (-4)
JE - 16 points from 16 games F16 A21 (-5)

If JE continues his point per game ratio that should be enough this season to stay up. If the chairman has faith in JE and his attempt at changing the playing style/culture at the club, I should think Cooper and a couple of others, although great servants, won't be in his A team plans. It looks like he want's younger players, probably with pace, if that's the case, it could be good news for some of our younger talent at the club in the under 18's and under 21's. And of course, those out on loan getting experience.

Professor of the bleeding obvious rant over.
Carry on.
:grinning:

For those who are tearing JE a new one and think bringing in a new manager is a good idea, along with comparing him to GR's record: Up until this point, there is very little difference between the two this season, other than JE has had a terrible time with player injuries. Off the top of my head, more problems than GR had, I think.

When JE did have a settled team, he put a good run together. Even in defeat, there have been some good performances, although the team couldn't sustain it for most of the game. Of course, as usual, some shit as well. But once again, so did GR. Norwich springs to mind.

I was one of those who didn't want GR out or gone and he surprised me when left, but at times, I have seen some much better Football under JE than most times with GR. For me, he needs support and more time.

Below are both records this season so far. Not much in it really, and certainly not enough to think JE is some kind of fucking inexperienced, Football numpty, who tactically doesn't know what he is doing.

GR - 17 points from 15 games F15 A19 (-4)
JE - 16 points from 16 games F16 A21 (-5)

If JE continues his point per game ratio that should be enough this season to stay up. If the chairman has faith in JE and his attempt at changing the playing style/culture at the club, I should think Cooper and a couple of others, although great servants, won't be in his A team plans. It looks like he want's younger players, probably with pace, if that's the case, it could be good news for some of our younger talent at the club in the under 18's and under 21's. And of course, those out on loan getting experience.

Professor of the bleeding obvious rant over.
Carry on.
:grinning:
Thank you, I was going to post something similar myself, but found I didn't have the energy or words I could be bothered to use and was waiting for someone to it for me!.;):LOL: