Burey

Oh yes mate, cracking boozer.

Also like starting at the Zetland in Kingsdown and walking/pub crawling into Deal
That little road that leads down to the Zetland Arms, with the old fisherman’s cottages along one side and the stoney beach the other side, one of my customers bought one of the cottages. I spent a couple of weeks there doing it up for them.
And I go back once a year for a couple of days just to freshen the place up, as they use it for Airbnb. I stay there while I’m working there. It faces the beach and the beach starts literally a few yards from the front door. When the sunrises over the channel there, it is unbelievably stunning. I had my missus stay there with me once and we’d get up at 4:30am, make a coffee, and go and sit on the stones and watch the sunrise. It’s breathtaking.
People who say Kent is a shithole, because of places like Chatham and ashford, really need to see a bit more of kent. We’re lucky to have this county on our doorstep. The Sussex coast can be equally stunning as well. In fact, we’re just lucky to live in the south east full stop. The only shit bit is surrey 🤣😆

View attachment 20609The view from the front bedroom window of the said cottage. You can see France on a clear day. View attachment 20610And one of the sunrises I was on about. Imagine waking up to that every morning. Takes some beating that.
That's gorgeous mate. Takes me back 45 years to when my grandparents moved from Nunhead to Walmer, we'd be packed off with our cousins from Waterloo East and spend most of the summer holidays down there. Felt like the Famous 5. Will always love that area.

That's gorgeous mate. Takes me back 45 years to when my grandparents moved from Nunhead to Walmer, we'd be packed off with our cousins from Waterloo East and spend most of the summer holidays down there. Felt like the Famous 5. Will always love that area.
Yeah Walmer is great. Nice little castle there over looking the sea. Blinding fish and chips as well.

this is the thing though. The connection between SE London and kent is century’s old. Before Thomas Cook started banging out cheap package holidays the working classes of SE London would take their holidays hop picking in Kent (my grandad, when they was kids, would WALK from Waterloo where he lived to Wrotham!! Camping on route) and then later on it would be the kent coast. Jolly boys outings to Margate and the like, benbom brothers for the kids. And when we started moving out to escape the smoke where did most of us head? Kent. Not sure where the contempt comes from from some of our lot. Love the place.

👍walked along the cliffs last weekend, Dover Castle to South Foreland lighthouse. Done it loads of times and blows me away every time. Stunning walk
You've also got Samphire Hoe between Folkestone and just before you hit Dover, it's a country park/nature reserve a good walk in any weather.Went there a few while living in Folkestone.