Bristol city V Wall- Match thread- 3pm

A week ago I was thinking how we had only mustered 23 points from the first half of the season, and would need another 27 from the second half to reach the recognised safety target of 50 points to preserve our Championship status.
How sweet that here we are a week later, and now only need 18 more points. Onward and upward COYL

Absolutely not. I'm not saying we will do it, but it is certainly not too late.
We have only lost 10 games. Others have lost more and been in the play offs.
At the moment I don't care about the league table. I'm more concerned about how we are playing.
The games and the league table will take care of themselves.
As long as we keep improving as we have, I'll be happy.
Same mate, I could watch us play this way forever. The transformation in a few games is quite mind blowing.

I think credit should be given to Billy for an excellent game, I don’t know if it’s the coaching or the shackles coming off, be he playing a positive game always looking forward and making some impressive attacking passes.
Agree. His best game so far this season. He gets through a lot work by breaking up oppo attacks and also tries to set up a counter attack from us.
I know some on here don't rate him but he never hides and always gives plenty of effort. He may benefit from Joe being in charge.

Agree. His best game so far this season. He gets through a lot work by breaking up oppo attacks and also tries to set up a counter attack from us.
I know some on here don't rate him but he never hides and always gives plenty of effort. He may benefit from Joe being in charge.

Exactly. Players really respond to good, innovative coaching - Steve Harrison is one coach that springs to mind. Hopefully Edwards will stay away from wardrobes!

Joe is definitely bringing him on IMO. As a coach he’s maximising everyone’s strengths and developing their weaknesses 👍

Not getting carried away, but Hutch's performance today was one of the best Millwall performances I've seen.

After his dodgy come back game, by god he turned it around today.
Well said. I think Hutch committed one foul and played one misplaced pass. Other than that, it was about as near to a perfect CB performance as will be seen. Conway and Wells barely got a touch of the ball. The goal was the cherry on the cake.

Lovely bit at the end when the players came over to the supporters. They pushed Hutch forward to get the applause. Typical of him he tried to resist to make sure the whole team enjoyed the fans' reactions.
Just watched the extended highlights on MillwallTV and they have tagged that onto the end, very nice to see him getting deserved praise from team and fans alike.

Without wanting to bash Rowett, I never got the impression that he was great at developing young players. The likes of Danny and Billy didn't come on at all under Rowett even though they had(and still have)great potential. I've always liked Billy and Joe might well be the man to bring him on.

Without wanting to bash Rowett, I never got the impression that he was great at developing young players. The likes of Danny and Billy didn't come on at all under Rowett even though they had(and still have)great potential. I've always liked Billy and Joe might well be the man to bring him on.
I heard from someone very close to DM that he couldn’t stand Rowett.