Bristol city V Wall- Match thread- 3pm

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Happy new year to one and all.

A tough game against a side that have won four of their last five home games. That defeat came from an injury time winner for Norwich. Like us they have a new manager and after a stuttering start with him they have started to get some good results. They also have a knack of winning penalties at home-three awarded and scored in their last four homes. This will be our fourth game in nine days. Hopefully our last two being at home and less travelling have left a little bit in the tank for this one. I'd imagine Edwards will only make changes to a winning team to freshen things up if needs be.

We don't have a bad recent record up there.

Overall head- to head = Home and away- Played 34- 10 wins- 12 draws and 12 defeats. At their place we have played 18 times. 4 wins- 6 draws and 6 defeats.

We started this calendar year with a 3-0 win over Rotherham at the Den on new years day. Here's to more of the same.

Safe journey to all those making the journey to roar us on.

Not sure about your arithmetic PL, at their place we played 18 times, 4 wins, 6 draws and 6 defeats :unsure:

If Saville was playing I’d predict a 1-1 draw but without him, and if Lenny isn’t moved into CM, I fear a toothless away performance and a narrow defeat 😞

Not sure about your arithmetic PL, at their place we played 18 times, 4 wins, 6 draws and 6 defeats
Thanks. I stand corrected- It's 16 played at theirs. It's 18 at ours Hitting

I actually have a feeling we've played each other a lot more than the stats site i looked on suggests. Perhaps it isn't taking into account the division 3 south meetings???

Thanks. I stand corrected- It's 16 played at theirs. It's 18 at ours Hitting

I actually have a feeling we've played each other a lot more than the stats site i looked on suggests. Perhaps it isn't taking into account the division 3 south meetings???
Played 106, Won 35, Drawn 33 and Lost 38 don’t know the Home/Away breakdown.

Weimann was not in the starting line up and only came on as a 57th minute sub
Got a hat trick against us in 2022 , and although has a bit of a foot problem managed to score against Watford ,plus he's an aggravating little cunt. Conway is another.
If the boys do the business , then hopefully they won't be a concern.
COYL

I think more of a test than Norwich. After the Lord Mayors type of game so a great test to see if Joe can tap into something we probably haven’t had before as we usually come unstuck after a big club win. Up against a joe type manager so be interesting to see how he does, assuming Bryan starts today. Tough test but it’s the best way to see where you are.

I can see a few changes to the starting line up with so many games in a short space of time. Fortunately, we now have good depth in the squad to cope.

One of my favourite away games ever. Walking to the ground there were a few fights, mainly young Bristol City fans trying it on with a few of our older lot and it didn't end well for them. Bristol City went 1-0 up in the first half and their fans were singing "Sheringham, wank, wank, wank". Second half we came out and battered them and Teddy scored a hattrick. The City fans left early and waited outside the ground and it went off afterwards. The coach we went on got bricked on the motorway underpass on the way home. In fact, I remember one Bristol City fan trying to throw what looked like a paving stone onto the roof of the coach but couldn't quite lift it. A brilliant day.

One of my favourite away games ever. Walking to the ground there were a few fights, mainly young Bristol City fans trying it on with a few of our older lot and it didn't end well for them. Bristol City went 1-0 up in the first half and their fans were singing "Sheringham, wank, wank, wank". Second half we came out and battered them and Teddy scored a hattrick. The City fans left early and waited outside the ground and it went off afterwards. The coach we went on got bricked on the motorway underpass on the way home. In fact, I remember one Bristol City fan trying to throw what looked like a paving stone onto the roof of the coach but couldn't quite lift it. A brilliant day.
I was there too.
As I was walking out one bloke said to his mate,”That Sheringham is fucking useless, he did nothing in that game”
“Apart from score three goals, you mean?”
“Yeah, apart from score three goals, he did fucking nothing!”

You will never please some people.