Bristol city V Wall- Match thread- 3pm

Some of the City supporters comments after we’d scored…

Nice to get some plaudits for a change!

”Well deserved that amazing what happens when you try and have a ******* shot! Absolutely pathetic performance ‘control the game’ my backside. Football is about trying to win the game not crappy tippy tap between defenders and goalie.”

”And there you are. Millwall the better team throughout. ******* dreadful performance.”

”They totally deserve that.”

”Can't say they haven't deserved that, we've been outplayed in so many areas, they've looked stronger and we've lacked anything coming forward.”

”Credit where it’s due, Hutchinson’s been an outstanding.”

“Thought Millwall have played well, their change in management is clearly working. Although we are very good at passing backwards.”

“We would be chuffed to turn in a performance against a side well up the table from us like that.”

”Except we’ve already beaten them this season… the difference is that they’ve changed their manager and we’ve changed ours.”

”Very untypical Millwall performance, other than having 2 experienced CBs who’ve played together for years, who managed Conway out of the game, plus the tactical genius idea of lumping the ball upfield to them when Millwall more or less nullified all our attacking threats, which let’s face it weren’t all that.”

”That was dreadful, dire, awful. Millwall deserved that. By far the better side. And fitter which surprised me.

That last comment is very satisfying when you think what their last manager, Pearson, said about us after they beat us at home. Shows that Joe has noticed that and done something about it!

A bit too muuch to do to make the playoffs I fear.

As far as todays match goes.... Nice, really nice. :wahey:
Absolutely not. I'm not saying we will do it, but it is certainly not too late.
We have only lost 10 games. Others have lost more and been in the play offs.
At the moment I don't care about the league table. I'm more concerned about how we are playing.
The games and the league table will take care of themselves.
As long as we keep improving as we have, I'll be happy.

I think credit should be given to Billy for an excellent game, I don’t know if it’s the coaching or the shackles coming off, be he playing a positive game always looking forward and making some impressive attacking passes.
I did say earlier that Billy might thrive under the new regime, scrutinised him today closely and apart from a couple of misplaced passes I thought he was immense and probably unnoticed by many on here. Glad you saw it aswell. His brain speed allows him to change his decision quick. Turns both ways, also slid a nice ball forward for someone but nothing come of it. Will improve further.

Absolutely not. I'm not saying we will do it, but it is certainly not too late.
We have only lost 10 games. Others have lost more and been in the play offs.
At the moment I don't care about the league table. I'm more concerned about how we are playing.
The games and the league table will take care of themselves.
As long as we keep improving as we have, I'll be happy.
It will depend on injuries and suspensions. Plan for the worse and hope for the best.

I did say earlier that Billy might thrive under the new regime, scrutinised him today closely and apart from a couple of misplaced passes I thought he was immense and probably unnoticed by many on here. Glad you saw it aswell. His brain speed allows him to change his decision quick. Turns both ways, also slid a nice ball forward for someone but nothing come of it. Will improve further.
It should also be noted that it was Billy who headed the ball forward to Hutch to score.

This. Most professional performance I’ve seen from us in a long time
Exactly that,I even thought to myself if they'd nicked it I wouldn't have been doom and gloom as the performance was there to see.j.e. is making the subs when players have left their arse on the pitch rather being shit which speaks volumes for the players. Does make you wonder how stifled the players must have felt previously.