Away fans

Its a 10 minute walk from Canada Water,,, but you chose to be lazy and get a bus. Now you have Awooga booga virus.

I have no sympathy.
I wasn't at Canada Water. The bus went there about 20 minutes after we got on it. We stayed on until Surrey docks and then bailed, because it was somewhere I recognized.
It went past Fisher's ground too, which I had never known where it was.

Next time this happens Big Paul, jubilee line from London Bridge to Canada Water then one Overground stop to Surrey Quays. Then follow the crowd through the silwood for 10 minute walk to the ground. Nice and easy

Next time this happens Big Paul, jubilee line from London Bridge to Canada Water then one Overground stop to Surrey Quays. Then follow the crowd through the silwood for 10 minute walk to the ground. Nice and easy
Thanks, mate.
Yes, I know the way from Surrey Quays, no problem and that is the walk we did.
My problem is that I lived in Kent, so I never approached the ground from that direction.
The other problem is that I have been abroad for 20 years next month.
Transport in London as changed beyond all recognition since I used to catch the train to work in the early 1970’s.
I really am a foreigner in what used to be my city.

When you say overground…Is that an underground train that runs on a line above ground?
As an aside, the last time I went on a bus they still had Routemasters with ticket collectors.

Pretty much, yes. It’s the line you would have seen as you walked from SQ to the ground
It is a very strange feeling when something that was part of my every day life (i.e public transport, trains underground etc.) transforms into something completely alien and even uncomfortable for me.
I live in the middle of the countryside now, but only about a kilometre from the nearest town. Even that town has no public transport of any sort, unless you count a daily bus that runs to Angouleme, 20 miles away.
Much as I enjoy my trips to London and the Den, I admit I breathe a big sigh of relief when I return to my now home town.
Whatever the pros and cons of rural living against city life, I can't help thinking that I will probably live longer in my current location.

Members online