Are we riding our luck

Rowett said Bradshaw came off last night because of his calf injury, Shackleton had a hamstring problem & Leonard couldn’t play on cause he had cramp. We have very little luck..
You can understand Leonard having cramp. Longest he has played for months.
Normally, he’d have built up game time gradually, but we don’t currently have that luxury.

Not to mention the penalty shout (they’re doesn’t have to be intent)
Personally I don’t care because it’s “what we do” having sod all possession is what we’ve done for years. We can’t afford the players who can hold onto the ball so we have to press high & defend like we’ve always done
We do maintain the ball better with Mitchell in the side, and generally he finds a man with his passing

One of the main reasons Luton had most possession and dictated the game was their ball control, they were playing 20-30 yard passes and killing the ball dead and then being able to move forwards with the ball looking to create a opening, most times our players received the ball their first touch took it away from them and a Luton player would gather it up.
We need to work on our ball control and be able to kill a ball dead.

Look at yesterday, a goal keeping error and an off side goal. Another day and the shot is saved and Honeyman is given off side

They scored twice and was a foot away from a winner with a header

Surely we can't keep relying on defending a goal lead
Yes we are having a run of luck. Honeyman was onside. Balances out over the season.

Goals v Luton are the only luck we have had this season, unless you count the goals away to Swansea, usually we have to do battle with the cunty ref and his two cunty linesmen.
It seems that every season they assemble a decent looking squad only to be decimated by injuries and suspensions at key times..

We deserve more luck.

The hoofing is a bit too much for me,not so If we had a big lump playing CF ,how many times does it go to the other keeper and then the ball comes back ,let's mix it up a bit .

You can understand Leonard having cramp.
It's a shame some posters can't understand things like that. Rowett again getting schooled on what changes he should have made and when. Have said recently that his substitutions are often forced and not necessarily of choice or tactical. But Sheepskin Syd will always know better than a pro manager that has us in a play off spot.

It's so fucking tedioius and it makes this place less fun to log on to. It won't stop though, if we don't make the place of this place will be like unbearable. Can't wait for the 6 paragraph lectures from Laptop Larry and Sheepskin Syd.

Best season we've had for a long time.
Great Chairman, good manager, good squad, investment with new signings, the proposed new training centre, good attendances and the best supporters in the country.
Don't worry about next season, just enjoy the football, the humour and the camaraderie.
If we finish the season in a higher position than last, then it will have been a great year.
Anything else is a bonus.

It's a shame some posters can't understand things like that. Rowett again getting schooled on what changes he should have made and when. Have said recently that his substitutions are often forced and not necessarily of choice or tactical. But Sheepskin Syd will always know better than a pro manager that has us in a play off spot.

It's so fucking tedioius and it makes this place less fun to log on to. It won't stop though, if we don't make the place of this place will be like unbearable. Can't wait for the 6 paragraph lectures from Laptop Larry and Sheepskin Syd.
I thought it was bad on here but fuck me I looked at a couple of groups on facebook and this site is very tame.; what ever we do is never good enough , if we were to win by 5 it should have been 6 and it’s all Rowett’s fault. Let’s all just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. Remember this is Millwall 😂

We are where we are on merit, because we have a decent side.
As often said, our budget is smaller than quite a few clubs, and it is to JB and GR'S credit that we are in the position we are in.
Whether we make the playoffs or not, we are doing brilliantly.
We have some good players.
Are we riding our luck? Not in my book we are not.

There is some adage about enjoying the journey, probably applies to us. If we end up 7th then so be it, enjoy the chance of extending the season by getting to the playoffs. Crowds are definitely up and that improves the atmosphere. Where we are is better than mid table mediocrity or a relegation battle.

Oh, and luck always goes in cycles some good and some bad it evens out in the end.

I thought it was bad on here but fuck me I looked at a couple of groups on facebook and this site is very tame.; what ever we do is never good enough , if we were to win by 5 it should have been 6 and it’s all Rowett’s fault. Let’s all just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. Remember this is Millwall 😂
Win by 5!!!!!!!!!
Are you on it early or what. 😎

One thing about modern football fans I find strange is the instant reaction to blame the manager. Most games are lost (or drawn) by an individual mistake or lapse in concentration which over the course of a 90 minute plus game is going to happen, yet the critics will instantly question the manager and as we saw earlier in the season start demanding a new one.

In my opinion Rowett has been treated poorly by our fans, on social media anyway. As we saw the other week after the Coventry defeat there is a constant undercurrent of negativity towards him ready to surface despite us being in the healthiest position in decades. On this forum alone he’s been accused of applying for other jobs, falling out with players and the old chesnuts ignoring youngsters and only picking his favourites (laughably Evans and Afobe).

It doesn’t seem that long ago that fans would stick with the manager until it was obvious that he was out of his depth not because of a couple of losses away to the two top teams in the division. Fans then were more likely to have a pop at a player that wasn’t pulling his weight whereas now it seems most people after a loss or draw are UEFA licensed coaches.

If you ever want proof that a large percentage of social media Millwall fans are utterly clueless then just remember that there was people out there declaring that we were in a relegation battle……….in August.

One thing about modern football fans I find strange is the instant reaction to blame the manager. Most games are lost (or drawn) by an individual mistake or lapse in concentration which over the course of a 90 minute plus game is going to happen, yet the critics will instantly question the manager and as we saw earlier in the season start demanding a new one.

In my opinion Rowett has been treated poorly by our fans, on social media anyway. As we saw the other week after the Coventry defeat there is a constant undercurrent of negativity towards him ready to surface despite us being in the healthiest position in decades. On this forum alone he’s been accused of applying for other jobs, falling out with players and the old chesnuts ignoring youngsters and only picking his favourites (laughably Evans and Afobe).

It doesn’t seem that long ago that fans would stick with the manager until it was obvious that he was out of his depth not because of a couple of losses away to the two top teams in the division. Fans then were more likely to have a pop at a player that wasn’t pulling his weight whereas now it seems most people after a loss or draw are UEFA licensed coaches.

If you ever want proof that a large percentage of social media Millwall fans are utterly clueless then just remember that there was people out there declaring that we were in a relegation battle……….in August.
Tracksuit Ted agrees with you