And so the big boys get there way again

They have also said the final wont ge the last game of the season anymore, they have "fitted " the final in with prem games still to be played the following weekend

Last edited:
The FA bend over backwards for the Top 6/7 and Sky , the smaller clubs have not got a chance have they , the magic the FA cup was as now gone to please the greedy pampered premshit players / managers / clubs
Great idea here from the bbc article comments section
“For me, I think the EFL and the lesser leagues should collectively propose a disconnect from the EPL. This should also allow the EPL clubs to be disqualified from entering the FA & League cups.”

I maybe wrong but isn't it because of the Premier clubs playing too many games already? That's what the managers are always moaning about anyway.

Hate to say it but football is slowly bleeding to death in this country

Personally...I hope the European Super League happens and 4 or 5 of the big clubs f*ck off....let the rest of get football in this country back to basics.

I maybe wrong but isn't it because of the Premier clubs playing too many games already? That's what the managers are always moaning about anyway.
Spot on mate,don't fancy a Tuesday night replay away against one of footballs lesser lights should they get a draw.
No issue with money spinning/shirt selling friendlies halfway around the world when they get a break from league action!
Only interest in FA Cup is when it looks like only route into Europe and suddenly a very strong starting eleven turn up in place of fringe/youth players when a couple of rounds in and Ryanair look like the only way to Europe!

It’s not about the big clubs playing less games it is so that they can play more games, just not against lower division clubs like us whom they obviously see as being beneath them.

It is also a symptom of so much foreign influence in the English game, from owners, managers, players and overseas TV viewers. They see cup competitions as not being important and more pertinently not very lucrative so they are happy to shit all over our most cherished traditions.

I always thought that there would be a sudden implosion in English football but instead it seems that it is slowly dying bit by bit. The sheer greed demonstrated by the premier league is becoming more and more evident, from traditional cradle to grave supporters being shamefully priced out to the outrageous behaviour by the likes of Man City and Newcastle and many others in totally flouting financial regulations.

Like others I just hope the top six or so clubs fuck off into a travelling super league and leave the rest of us alone. The globalisation of English football has been a disaster for the ordinary working class football supporter.

What the FA should have done was a to give the Premshit clubs an option to opt out of the greatest cup competition if they think it involves too many games for there players and leave the competition as it was replays & all , not upset the majority for the minority......or get the EFL to boycott the cup from the very first rounds

Firstly they had to have the 2 Cup semis on Sat and Sun so they could both play at white elephant Wembley.
Secondly If they both kicked off at 3 on a Saturday then no other games could be televised so of course it’s 5:15 on Saturday with live football on Sky and and 3.30 on Sunday when 3 other Prem games are on Sky.
Sky are the paymasters and they only want this non-premier league shite to be able to compete with them on their terms and always in the margins.
Next will be live Prem games on Sky at 3 on a Saturday- anyone betting against it!

And while I am at it - I was at Craven cottage for the 3-3 draw in the cup on Sat. 9th Jan 1965 and me and the other 35,000 (still my biggest home attendance) were at the old den on the following Monday night to see us us win the replay 2-0 under the lights - Magic!!
Nah -cup replays who wants them!!

To add context to our club, if that decision by FA had been made years back (probably on table then) we would have been knocked out by Tranmere and no trip to the final.
Or boot on the other boot where we went to Woking away, only to draw 2-2 and then we get beat at our place, that's why the cup is magical.

Once they fucked about with the League Cup, it was only a matter of time before they tinkered with the FA Cup.
Man U had already opted out of it one year unless I'm wrong and them and other clubs don't mind galivanting to far flung continents to play useless friendlies, all in the name of making a pound note or two.

Last edited:

Members online