A question for those who don’t want Bomber

Lions21

I have read with utter dismay today some of the comments on Facebook from some of our so-called fans. I could not be bothered to try and debate it with them on Facebook as I’m assuming they are just wind up merchants.

This is a serious question, if you do not think Bomber is the person to take charge at a time when we are deep in the dung with a team and fan base that needs galvanising who exactly would you want to take over at this very moment to try and keep us up?

I cannot think of anyone else available that I would rather entrust with the task at hand. I am genuinely interested to know who people would actually want instead of Bomber because I’m obviously missing something.

He has not been in charge for one game yet, how anyone can have an opinion of the mans ability before a ball has been kicked is staggering, its like picking a fight with someone that appears weak only for them to knock you out with one punch.

The same people mouthing off now will be calling for his head if he wins the next four games because they did not like the way he won them, they would be better off at Charlton.

I have read with utter dismay today some of the comments on Facebook from some of our so-called fans. I could not be bothered to try and debate it with them on Facebook as I’m assuming they are just wind up merchants.

This is a serious question, if you do not think Bomber is the person to take charge at a time when we are deep in the dung with a team and fan base that needs galvanising who exactly would you want to take over at this very moment to try and keep us up?

I cannot think of anyone else available that I would rather entrust with the task at hand. I am genuinely interested to know who people would actually want instead of Bomber because I’m obviously missing something.
Anyone else

Now is not the time for woulda, shoulda, coulda. All I ask of the players and management is that they give 100% effort, which I'm sure is what he will give us. If that turns out not to be enough to save us then so be it. 100% also applies to us as well. If you're not with us then you must be against us. Every single person involved with the club has a part to play for the rest of the season. Get behind the team and roar them on. Save the moaning for when you get home. COYL.

After tomorrow he will be the hero or villain after he left and went to cardiff his comment about them being the best supporters he'd ever managed hit a nerve i don't believe he should have came back more of a desperate decision, but i'm just a fan i'd have anyone who would really want the job and the full challenge...

I’ll admit I was first shocked, then a bit deflated when I heard the news.
I accept the club was very much between a rock and a hard place. I desperately wanted JE to succeed, but I think only results over Christmas saved him from an even shorter tenure.

As for Neil now, let’s see how he has developed since he left us. 5 years is a long time and experience changes us all.

To answer the original question, I have no idea who we should have chosen. That’s not really my job. I’m a supporter. That’s what I do.
This is surely evidenced by the fact that last weekend I spent over a grand to watch what turned out to be Joe’s last game in charge.

It is for others to decide who the manager should be, based on far more knowledge than I will ever have, hopefully.

I love Neil, of course I do. I cried when he got ill after helping to give us our most successful season in living memory.
I’m just not sure he is the right choice now.
But, he will have my 100% support for however long he is our manager.

NH has hero status at 'Wall, and his return to help us when we're struggling, will only reinforce his title of Mr Millwall.
If he's unable to get us out of the shit, then we should take a page of NHs book, and we all go down together.
MIIIIILLLLLLL.
Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. Just resign yourself to the fact that there are some right
'_ _ _ _ _' out there.

I’ll admit I was first shocked, then a bit deflated when I heard the news.
I accept the club was very much between a rock and a hard place. I desperately wanted JE to succeed, but I think only results over Christmas saved him from an even shorter tenure.

As for Neil now, let’s see how he has developed since he left us. 5 years is a long time and experience changes us all.

To answer the original question, I have no idea who we should have chosen. That’s not really my job. I’m a supporter. That’s what I do.
This is surely evidenced by the fact that last weekend I spent over a grand to watch what turned out to be Joe’s last game in charge.

It is for others to decide who the manager should be, based on far more knowledge than I will ever have, hopefully.

I love Neil, of course I do. I cried when he got ill after helping to give us our most successful season in living memory.
I’m just not sure he is the right choice now.
But, he will have my 100% support for however long he is our manager.

I must admit I was shocked at his appointment. I'm just hoping that the board have chosen him for his experience at avoiding relegation, rather than out of nostalgia. Unfortunately, the JE experiment was a disaster. I wanted him to succeed, and he said all the right things. Unfortunately, management is much more difficult than interviews!

I am concerned that the 'I just want to be entertained' brigade will turn on NH as they turned on GR. I'm sure they'd be happier supporting Man City.

I am concerned that the 'I just want to be entertained' brigade will turn on NH as they turned on GR.
It';s not just them wanting to be entertained it's also them wanting us in the premier as though all you have to do is click your fingers. I said to my boy at the end of last season that Rowett was on a hiding to nothing after getting us so close to a play off spot. Literally 45 minutes away before we capitulated.

I also believed that due to certain clubs having an off season we were in a false position. Had the likes of West brom, Norwich and Watford been there usual selves we probably would never have sat in the top six positions for the best part of two months towards the end of the season.

I honestly didn't think we were good enough but we capitalized on the above mentioned teams having a rare bad season. Sadly that was the case and we finished where we deserved to be.

It's a shame that a section of our fans presumed that we were going to go one better this season and turned very quickly once they realized they'd been daft. No humility amongst them so Rowett gets it both barrels instead at Norwich. A sad and shameful day in our history and for me personally when they sang what they did.

Bomber can pretty much walk in as he knows the place, staff and lots of the players. That works well over a manager having to find his feet for 3 or 4 weeks, he knows what it takes and I will be right behind him as he will put fight back into this team. Also who else is out there and it would have taken weeks to get some over the hill manager in who will take the money on the promise of saving us only to fail and walk away for us to go a search again for a new man. We are in a tough place and I would prefer a Millwall man in charge to get us through this, we will all get behind him and I rekon he can get at least 4 wins out of this team with a few draws that will see us survive.

Harris should only be a stop gap all the mr millwall he was an average player couldn't whistle up teddys,fash or tony cascarinos arse and same goes for his manager career nothing out standing ..Division one wouldn't be that harsh get rid off the plastic supporters and rebuild some good sides portsmouth charlton derby, no shame, how many can remember the great years of george graham.

Last edited:
8 games to go. It's still the players he knew pretty much.
But watching Leicester v Leeds tonight there's a chasm in the player's abilities and qualities that we have and these two at the top of the table.
So it will be back to exactly how we were playing at Luton....big slow defenders defending, all keep a shape, long balls, try and get a goal at a set piece.
That's not really Harris's fault that's just the only way these players can play with their limited ability and skill. His ability as a manager is also only average.