A question for those who don’t want Bomber

On Sunday night you hadn’t considered him & now he’s the one person to take charge?
I don’t think this thread is very helpful, the doubters will come on board if the results improve

Lions21

Well-known member​

Big Ron, Big Mick, Big Sam or Warnock will do.
That was a joke, I did not think for one minute Bomber would come back after the treatment he got before he left.

I must admit I was shocked at his appointment. I'm just hoping that the board have chosen him for his experience at avoiding relegation, rather than out of nostalgia. Unfortunately, the JE experiment was a disaster. I wanted him to succeed, and he said all the right things. Unfortunately, management is much more difficult than interviews!

I am concerned that the 'I just want to be entertained' brigade will turn on NH as they turned on GR. I'm sure they'd be happier supporting Man City.
Maybe some of them need telling how it is?

The proof will be n the pudding , not tomorrows game but the next home game V Watford......at home is where we are poor

Financially it would set us back years mate. The drop off in numbers turning up would hit us hard. I agree about some of the strings and day trippers but they help to keep us in this division. We can't have it both ways i'm afraid.
I definitely get you but sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand, after watching the youth side wednesday the future isn't so bad just need a bit of hope and luck.

I definitely get you but sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand, after watching the youth side wednesday the future isn't so bad just need a bit of hope and luck.
I’ll be surprised if more than one or two ever play for our first team, if that.
The wastage rate of young players is absolutely staggering, for a whole host of reasons.
Certainly don’t hold your breath waiting for them to appear.

NH has hero status at 'Wall, and his return to help us when we're struggling, will only reinforce his title of Mr Millwall.
If he's unable to get us out of the shit, then we should take a page of NHs book, and we all go down together.
MIIIIILLLLLLL.
If we're going down , I'm going first ,not following anyone. Just saying.

I'm sure they'd be happier supporting Man City.
This is the absolute textbook situation as a whole...

Youngsters today are being indoctrinated by schools/TV/media to be 'successful as quick as possible'... and this trickles down into their social lives (as well as their careers), and some shallow minded people go through phases of supporting the most 'popular/successful' team at the current time which boosts their dopamine fix to get through their mundane lives and bragging rights with their mates at work...

However, supporters who support their local team have started to expect/demand that they play at the level of higher calibre teams and get crushed when they don't... even 'mid table' safe zones are not acceptable anymore... it's a case of all or bust, and that's when you get people in the stadiums crying and blubbering for the gaffers head because the style of play is not the same calibre as that on Sly Sports/Champions league.

Like you say, they should go and 'play elsewhere'... since GR has gone, we have moved backwards by approx 5-10 years and now our hopes lay in the hands of an Ex Millwall manager who we kicked out, helped along by the headhunters of seasons past.

As I said in a thread elsewhere, I'm not sure if he is the best person moving forward but he is with us now and has enough experience to be able to get us out of this hole, but if not... I believe/hope he has enough to help us get through the tough times has he has done before.

Harris should only be a stop gap all the mr millwall he was an average player couldn't whistle up teddys,fash or tony cascarinos arse and same goes for his manager career nothing out standing ..Division one wouldn't be that harsh get rid off the plastic supporters and rebuild some good sides portsmouth charlton derby, no shame, how many can remember the great years of george graham.
Potentially agree that Harris might not be the long term option as manager but I'm not having he was an average player. Pre-cancer, when he scored 30 goals in league 1, he was destined to be a top player. Not as good as Sheringham but that doesn't make him average.

Potentially agree that Harris might not be the long term option as manager but I'm not having he was an average player. Pre-cancer, when he scored 30 goals in league 1, he was destined to be a top player. Not as good as Sheringham but that doesn't make him average.
I beg to differ as the players i mentioned all played top flight football not one big club come for him carter cahill another example he was a goal scorer for us, but that was it..

I beg to differ as the players i mentioned all played top flight football not one big club come for him carter cahill another example he was a goal scorer for us, but that was it..
Just before the cancer scare there were strong rumours that Spurs were sniffing about. Anyone could also see the difference pre and post. He lost pace, fitness and probably confidence. He looked worse the second spell but whilst he was not as prolific he popped up with a number of important goals to get us out of the shit. A hat trick at Hartlepool springs to mind. Goals against Leeds.

I can’t think of anyone else available, that I can trust to get us out of this mess or go down fighting. Nearly got us out of the shit, gave us a promotion, a decent season and walked when the game was up. The only type of person who would have taken the job now would be a desperate lunatic.

I expect that anyone still moaning wanted Edwards to have been kept on and been entertained by a relegation clown show ever week.

the bottom line here is, we have little control over what the Board do and Bomber is back. The choice is to back him him or fuck off to Palace*

In my heart, I’d love to him him keep us up this season, consolidate the club in the league again next season and start a revolution in fluid, attacking football not seen for the best part of 40 years.

My head says, just keeping us up this season will be a start.

Just before the cancer scare there were strong rumours that Spurs were sniffing about. Anyone could also see the difference pre and post. He lost pace, fitness and probably confidence. He looked worse the second spell but whilst he was not as prolific he popped up with a number of important goals to get us out of the shit. A hat trick at Hartlepool springs to mind. Goals against Leeds.

I can’t think of anyone else available, that I can trust to get us out of this mess or go down fighting. Nearly got us out of the shit, gave us a promotion, a decent season and walked when the game was up. The only type of person who would have taken the job now would be a desperate lunatic.

I expect that anyone still moaning wanted Edwards to have been kept on and been entertained by a relegation clown show ever week.
Edward's was a mad signing but bring back harris is as bad like i said he will become the hero or villain i've eaten my words before but the next few weeks will be interesting.

Harris should only be a stop gap all the mr millwall he was an average player couldn't whistle up teddys,fash or tony cascarinos arse and same goes for his manager career nothing out standing ..Division one wouldn't be that harsh get rid off the plastic supporters and rebuild some good sides portsmouth charlton derby, no shame, how many can remember the great years of george graham.
Jimmy Greaves who was "famous" did not leave the oppo,s box all game and was what we used to call a goalhanger but he scored plenty of goals and goals win games no matter what era of football. Harris also scored a lot of goals as did Sheringham with a lot of help from Cascarino.

Could also argue that Sheringham had a lot better players in his teams than Harris had.

If you replace dead batteries with more dead batteries is the controller going to work? No!
People are allowed to have there reservations about Harris coming back whether you like it or not! Of course everyone will get behind him from now until the end of the season, I generally love the guy and we need to unite to stay up. Is he the long term answer though? 100% No!
Been there, wore the t-shirt.