A bit on regen

Didn’t deal with money!

I used to check export documentation manually entering details in a large ledger. A Dickensian scene minus the quill pen 🤷‍♂️

The job bored me silly, fortunately I managed to get into DP (data processing - IT in old money) and the rest is history.

I’ve been very fortunate 👌
IT? I thought they only had abacus’s & slide rules in your day? (I wish I’d have kept mine) Amazing to think they would have used a slide rule to do the calculations for new buildings etc

IT? I thought they only had abacus’s & slide rules in your day? (I wish I’d have kept mine) Amazing to think they would have used a slide rule to do the calculations for new buildings etc
I started in a “punch room” (remember the 80 column punch cards?) working alongside 30 females (just my luck the one I fancied was married 😞). It was heaven for 4 weeks until I was dragged fighting and kicking into operating.

Over the next decade I worked my way through the ranks to development manager status. Not boasting but a remarkable journey for someone from my background and, even today, I have to pinch myself when I think how fortunate I’ve been 🙏

Last edited: