A bit on regen

Stage 5 still looks like it might nick some of the car park. I did see something a while back about re-viewing our lease. I have not time to go look for it at the moment.

Thanks happy very interesting

we have a 99 year lease as far as I know so no rush unless they come up with a compulsory purchase not sure if they can legally do that
they did it round spurs with their new build
guess like a lot of this we will have to wait and see

A lot of Rugby clubs have'nt got a pot to piss in at the moment,
Paid players way over what was coming in,Wasps being one of them.
Not sure who owns Wasps at the moment but this could be a pipedream considering the cost without major outside investment into a project/sport that ain't going to give a great return for some time.

Stage 5 still looks like it might nick some of the car park.
I think you are correct mate. It was certainly the case when i see the original plans that were released a year or so back. We really are going to be hemmed in by what will be going up all around us. Ilderton road will soon be unrecognisable to us given the rate of speed that the new builds are flying up. Load of blocks that seemed to appear out of knowehre down opposite the tustin are near completion already.

Whack in the foundations, steel structure and panel it all off and done!! With a new overground stop earmarked for Surrey canal and the existing link from South Bermondsey to London bridge means the price of a one bedroom will probably set you back £400k. They flats are ceratinly not intended for locals or working class Londoners.

And there goes the move to Kent too

Reminds me.

My first job was working for Lloyds Bank Head Office in Lombard Street who regularly entered teams into various inter-departmental sports competitions.

On one occasion, having played a bit of rugby at school, I volunteered to represent my department. Being a scratch team we didn’t have kit and I was told to bring my own. I only had football shirts and a colleague kindly offered to lend me one of his.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, he actually played for Wasps and loaned me a genuine black Wasp shirt (that couldn’t be bought in a shop in those days) while he played in an old college top.

Needless to say the top was spotted by the opposition, I was targeted, got hammered every time I received the ball 🤦‍♂️ and he had a field day thinking it very funny 😂

I think you are correct mate. It was certainly the case when i see the original plans that were released a year or so back. We really are going to be hemmed in by what will be going up all around us. Ilderton road will soon be unrecognisable to us given the rate of speed that the new builds are flying up. Load of blocks that seemed to appear out of knowehre down opposite the tustin are near completion already.

Whack in the foundations, steel structure and panel it all off and done!! With a new overground stop earmarked for Surrey canal and the existing link from South Bermondsey to London bridge means the price of a one bedroom will probably set you back £400k. They flats are ceratinly not intended for locals or working class Londoners.

We only have the council to rely on to enforce a % of affordable homes and that never seems to happen.
The positive side of Regen is that is has the possibility of bringing the club some security for the long term if we get it right.

Phase 1, which is over by the incinerator was supposed to start November 21, with the station work to start simultaneously, with a projected opening of summer 25. It's anyone guess what's actually happening now. I work on Bolina industrial estate, we were given 5 years notice in 21 due to Compulsory purchase. The land we are on is phase 5 and is not due to complete until 2028 at earliest, that will obviously of gone back now.
Many if us will never see this development, if it ever occurs. I've heard Renewal are struggling to raise the necessary finance, but we'll see.

Phase 1, which is over by the incinerator was supposed to start November 21, with the station work to start simultaneously, with a projected opening of summer 25. It's anyone guess what's actually happening now. I work on Bolina industrial estate, we were given 5 years notice in 21 due to Compulsory purchase. The land we are on is phase 5 and is not due to complete until 2028 at earliest, that will obviously of gone back now.
Many if us will never see this development, if it ever occurs. I've heard Renewal are struggling to raise the necessary finance, but we'll see.
If true, glad Renewal are struggling and hope they go down the pan 🙏

I’m not that familiar with the plans but if Phase 1 is late does that mean all the flats being built off Ilderton Road are not part of the regeneration scheme?

The flats opposite canal way have a sign saying there will be commercial premises (shops?) on the ground floor. If that is the case Ilderton road will have to be lowered leading upto canal way as no one will know they are there.

Reminds me.

My first job was working for Lloyds Bank Head Office in Lombard Street who regularly entered teams into various inter-departmental sports competitions.

On one occasion, having played a bit of rugby at school, I volunteered to represent my department. Being a scratch team we didn’t have kit and I was told to bring my own. I only had football shirts and a colleague kindly offered to lend me one of his.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, he actually played for Wasps and loaned me a genuine black Wasp shirt (that couldn’t be bought in a shop in those days) while he played in an old college top.

Needless to say the top was spotted by the opposition, I was targeted, got hammered every time I received the ball 🤦‍♂️ and he had a field day thinking it very funny 😂
did lloyds have a sports place at roehampton lane

did lloyds have a sports place at roehampton lane
Don’t think so, copers cope road Beckenham was where I played.

Fabulous facility. Kent used to play county cricket matches there. You could have played bowls on the first team football pitch👍

They sold it off many years after I left.

Just checked online and it looks like it’s now the Kent County Cricket Ground.

Which one were you Purley?

View attachment 24277
Didn’t deal with money!

I used to check export documentation manually entering details in a large ledger. A Dickensian scene minus the quill pen 🤷‍♂️

The job bored me silly, fortunately I managed to get into DP (data processing - IT in old money) and the rest is history.

I’ve been very fortunate 👌