30 years at the New Den

I watched Millwall at the old place from the age of 3 until we left when I was 18. I was raised on those terraces and absolutely loved the place. I do believe we had to move though. There was no room for expansion or any decent development.

The new place does feel like home to me now. We’ve been there long enough, and had some blinding experiences there. People tend to look back at the old place through rose tinted glasses as well. Yeah, the atmosphere was blinding there most of the time, but there was some dire times as well. It wasn’t always a cauldron. Same as the new place. We’ve had good and bad times

I actually think we’ve been really lucky with the new place. We managed to get a ground 500 yards or so from the old place (how many London clubs could’ve managed that?) so we remained in the heart of our manor, not out in the suburbs somewhere. Also, ours was one of the first new grounds to be built and was done so just before these ‘bowls’ became the norm. I can’t stand them and I think it’s good we still have ends and separate stands. I think it helps the atmosphere.

I watched Millwall at the old place from the age of 3 until we left when I was 18. I was raised on those terraces and absolutely loved the place. I do believe we had to move though. There was no room for expansion or any decent development.

The new place does feel like home to me now. We’ve been there long enough, and had some blinding experiences there. People tend to look back at the old place through rose tinted glasses as well. Yeah, the atmosphere was blinding there most of the time, but there was some dire times as well. It wasn’t always a cauldron. Same as the new place. We’ve had good and bad times

I actually think we’ve been really lucky with the new place. We managed to get a ground 500 yards or so from the old place (how many London clubs could’ve managed that?) so we remained in the heart of our manor, not out in the suburbs somewhere. Also, ours was one of the first new grounds to be built and was done so just before these ‘bowls’ became the norm. I can’t stand them and I think it’s good we still have ends and separate stands. I think it helps the atmosphere.
Spot on mate. Probably saved a lot of us writing a post. Rose tinted glasses indeed! I was there when only 3 and 4 thousand were turning up. I still walk past the old place, it's very much still in my heart but times change and life never stands still. Never could understand why some fans never stepped foot in our current ground. Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind. It's not like we relocated five miles away.

Spot on mate. Probably saved a lot of us writing a post. Rose tinted glasses indeed! I was there when only 3 and 4 thousand were turning up. I still walk past the old place, it's very much still in my heart but times change and life never stands still. Never could understand why some fans never stepped foot in our current ground. Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind. It's not like we relocated five miles away.

The old place wouldn't be the same anyway if 3 sides had been rebuilt to be all seated

Yeah exactly. I don’t get it either.

and yeah, I remember the old place when it had a few thousand rattling around in it and a couple of dozen away fans. It was still good to be there because it was home but the atmosphere could be a bit flat to say the least.

some of the atmospheres I’ve witnessed at the new place… the Huddersfield play off game, that wolves game, the big cup games when we’ve turned over PL opposition, games when we’ve beat big rivals (palace, vermin, leeds charlton etc), the game when Hughes was playing for Oldham, the cardiff game when their fan fell from the upper tier, these are just a few off the top of my head, as good an atmosphere as I’ve experienced at the old place. Yeah it can be a bit flat sometimes, just like the old place was sometimes.