HARRIS

I owe NH an apology - I never thought he was the right man to come back, never thought he should be with us next season. I was wrong.

He has done an amazing job this season, hasn't been pretty at times, but we didn't need pretty, we needed to fucking roll up our sleeves and compete and we have done that in spades.

For what he has done this season, he deserves to stay on for the rest of his contract, backed as much as possible by JB Jnr & let's see where it takes us.

Would be encouraging if he showed some "experimentation/put on a few of the Youth" in the last few matches now we can breath.

NH is the ultimate professional, I doubt very much if he will be experimenting, because the season isn't over for him until it's over.

Before yesterdays game, he said both Sunderland and Swansea are catchable.
Also, I believe the EFL pay-out prize money for the final standings, not a lot, granted, but NH will see that as another challenge. I should think he will be looking at grabbing 59 points.

:grinning:

Can't fault the majority of results and the way the team play and fight for each other and that's including the loan players which makes a refreshing change, so just give NH the job FFS.
Also, if he can more consistent away and pick points up he can equal or better what GR achieved and see what happens, every manager has their shelf life, so the club might as well stick with NH, he earned it.

As a small personal caveat, I wasn't too enamoured with the return of NH and I'm not too proud to admit that I was wrong.

Last edited:
For those that couldn't see the clubs link

Great stuff from a proper legend

Thanks for that P. 👍
This quote sums up what Super Neil has given us.

“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.”

Douglas Adams

He promised JB he’d return if needed and did so. He was undeterred by the significant challenge ahead but his love, honesty and belief in the Club motivated him through. He talks about galvanising the players and connecting the terraces with the pitch but who was cheering him on? It was his own self belief driven by unstintingly working to save the Club he dearly and passionately loves. At heart he’s not only the Head Coach he’s perhaps more importantly one of us! He’s a loyal fan with a shed load of honesty, sincerity, openness, humility, sincere integrity and above all with a willingness to be vulnerable. I mean who else would have taken the challenge on? What I do know is nobody else could have achieved it and certainly not in the manner of his leadership style. That’s why the players would run through a brick wall for him. Not through fear but through emotional drive and spirit to succeed against all odds. Money can’t buy that it has to be earned. Neil my son you’ve earned it. 👍

No point trying to look into the future for next season or into the past at last.
Let's breath in deep and smell the success that Mr Neil Harris has achieved.
If he stays on he deserves backing by the fans more so than the board ( who indecently deserve praise for being humble enough to ask Harris back)
If he leaves, thank you, you really do understand our club.

Last edited:
as
NH is the ultimate professional, I doubt very much if he will be experimenting, because the season isn't over for him until it's over.

Before yesterdays game, he said both Sunderland and Swansea are catchable.
Also, I believe the EFL pay-out prize money for the final standings, not a lot, granted, but NH will see that as another challenge. I should think he will be looking at grabbing 59 points.

:grinning:

This. Friendlies and behind-closed-doors games are for experimenting. If it’s a competitive match we should always be putting our strongest 11 out

Also, if he can more consistent away and pick points up he can equal or better what GR achieved and see what happens, every manager has their shelf life, so the club might as well stick with NH, he earned it.
7 points from 6 away games is promotion form, or at least play offs form, if you're winning your home games which we are.

No point trying to look into the future for next season or into the past at last.
Let's breath in deep and smell the success that Mr Neil Harris has achieved.
If he stays on he deserves backing by the fans more so than the board ( who indecently deserve praise for being humble enough to ask Harris back)
If he leaves, thank you, you really do understand our club.
I really don’t think he’d leave. Even had we been relegated he still would have been up for getting us promoted again like he did last time. Most of the fanbase realise we have a small budget and are therefore limited in our approach. Plus its important we have someone in charge who understands what type of players are taken on who fit in and keep the Millwall team morale on track.

He's certainly in touch with who turns up at The Den these days.

“This football club has been built on that camaraderie and togetherness. That will never change. I don’t care whether we’ve got 20,000 that live in Bermondsey or if they come from abroad. Our football club is built on one thing and that’s togetherness.

Members online