Fine margins…

So Philogene couldn’t have waited another week before making his comeback. Just our bad luck he returned for our game.

Even without VAR, what was the lino doing on the right side of Philogene (as we look at the video.) How come he didn’t spot the handball?

Wouldn’t it be great (and good karma) that when there’s a contentious goal like that which isn’t picked up (but should have been), and that goal turns out to be the winner, it should be retroactively struck off and the game reverts back to a draw? Would never happen I know, but it would at least highlight the amount of cheating that goes on with certain players, as well as showing how inept both the refs and the lino’s are when it comes to poor decision making and missing key moments on the pitch.

Last edited:
"Eagle-eyed Gallagher, though, says Philogene's effort should have been chalked off by referee Anthony Backhouse with the ball popping up and hitting City's star man on the hand".

Haha...Eagle-eyed? Fuck me, Stevie Wonder could have seen it was handball.
:ROFLMAO:

So Philogene couldn’t have waited another week before making his comeback. Just our bad luck he returned for our game.

Even without VAR, what was the lino doing on the right side of Philogene (as we look at the video.) How come he didn’t spot the handball?

Wouldn’t it be great (and good karma) that when there’s a contentious goal like that which isn’t picked up (but should have been), and that goal turns out to be the winner, it should be retroactively struck off and the game reverts back to a draw? Would never happen I know, but it would at least highlight the amount of cheating that goes on with certain players, as well as showing how inept both the refs and the lino’s are when it comes to poor decision making and missing key moments on the pitch.
I don’t think he cheated as it was just one of those things. 🤷‍♂️

Fine margins or not you need more than one shot on target to get anything from a game. Some are going on as though Hull are some sort of world beaters. They'd won once in six games before Saturday.
Point I was trying to make yesterday mate. A lot of ours seem to think all is ok now Rowett's gone, they need to take off the old rose tinteds and get real. We are in the shit right now.

It did,nt hit him on the arm he tapped it down onto his foot to score, if he did,nt tap it the ball would not have dropped onto his foot. It was deliberate.
I didn’t see it that way but not as “eagle-eyed” as you I guess. 😉

Point I was trying to make yesterday mate. A lot of ours seem to think all is ok now Rowett's gone, they need to take off the old rose tinteds and get real. We are in the shit right now.
Yeah but JOE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's wrong but i hope some of those that made all the noise about how shit Rowett was are now happy. Careful what you wish for eh!!

@Peckham Lion and @kinelloz bang on the money. Nothing to add.
I'm not knocking Edwards when i say what i did. I've said he could be a very good manager for us but perhaps not now. Straight away he's being tested on his principles and know how. Apart from not managing before he's straight into a dog fight. And with the calibre of players he's probably never ever coached.

He's used to being given the cream of the crop from all around the world to coach. Elite kids that the big clubs have had from a young age. Players who's footballing brain is already on a different level from your average journyman/ grafter. You gotta half feel for him but he knew the apple before he accepted the task, and a task it is.

Fuck trying to make racehorses out of Donkies, just play the way it suits the players. He has improved the basics, that's enough now until we're over the line. Trying to convert players drilled for physical battles with litttle technique required into slick passers and thinkers is akin to pissing into the wind and about as much use as an ashtray on a fucking moped.

Even the players he's brought in i have a reason for caution and was a bit surprised. My point is that we are being dragged into a scrap. What experience has a 20 year old Elite player got to offer us when we require almost blood from our players? How many games has he played in where his team mates are struggling? The game he was taught is nothing like how we play.

For obvious reasons i ain't seen us live since August and haven't bothered watching us on the box so i can only go by what i read here and on HOF. Both sites full of good honest posters that know a bit about the game. Have seen lots of comments about us trying to persist with playing from the back. All well and good but when you're chasing a game? with time running down? It just isn't working cause it's alien to most of the team. If it's costing us points surly it's worth going back to basics?

Now isn't the time for experiments or drastic change. Let the team do what they do best cause it put points on the board. Leave the transition period until the summer and when he can get rid of what he doesn't want or deem capable.

I think we have enough to finish comfortably if the team is played to it strengths. Relegation wasn't a thought i've had all season but with the points gap shortening and some of our recent results has got me thinking that it's a possibility if things don't change. That is all things considered and that includes the crowd and manager. He's obviously allowed time and good will, but that will only last so long if he's not putting points on the board. If results don't improve he won't be Joe anymore. If the crowd turn we're fucked.

I'm not knocking Edwards when i say what i did. I've said he could be a very good manager for us but perhaps not now. Straight away he's being tested on his principles and know how. Apart from not managing before he's straight into a dog fight. And with the calibre of players he's probably never ever coached.

He's used to being given the cream of the crop from all around the world to coach. Elite kids that the big clubs have had from a young age. Players who's footballing brain is already on a different level from your average journyman/ grafter. You gotta half feel for him but he knew the apple before he accepted the task, and a task it is.

Fuck trying to make racehorses out of Donkies, just play the way it suits the players. He has improved the basics, that's enough now until we're over the line. Trying to convert players drilled for physical battles with litttle technique required into slick passers and thinkers is akin to pissing into the wind and about as much use as an ashtray on a fucking moped.

Even the players he's brought in i have a reason for caution and was a bit surprised. My point is that we are being dragged into a scrap. What experience has a 20 year old Elite player got to offer us when we require almost blood from our players? How many games has he played in where his team mates are struggling? The game he was taught is nothing like how we play.

For obvious reasons i ain't seen us live since August and haven't bothered watching us on the box so i can only go by what i read here and on HOF. Both sites full of good honest posters that know a bit about the game. Have seen lots of comments about us trying to persist with playing from the back. All well and good but when you're chasing a game? with time running down? It just isn't working cause it's alien to most of the team. If it's costing us points surly it's worth going back to basics?

Now isn't the time for experiments or drastic change. Let the team do what they do best cause it put points on the board. Leave the transition period until the summer and when he can get rid of what he doesn't want or deem capable.

I think we have enough to finish comfortably if the team is played to it strengths. Relegation wasn't a thought i've had all season but with the points gap shortening and some of our recent results has got me thinking that it's a possibility if things don't change. That is all things considered and that includes the crowd and manager. He's obviously allowed time and good will, but that will only last so long if he's not putting points on the board. If results don't improve he won't be Joe anymore. If the crowd turn we're fucked.

Obviously difficult to say if you haven’t seen much of them live/tv but with what I’ve read from your posts I would imagine you would be more encouraged than discouraged with what you’re seeing.

A lot of the goals we have conceded recently have come down to individual errors.

Off the top of my head….

Hull - Harding attempts to nod it to the person right of him when he should clear it. Really naive defending, the defending can’t do much with it there if it reaches him.

Preston - We was going for a second, sloppy pass infield & then we’re caught out.

Huddersfield - Hand ball penalty 95th minute - really poor two points dropped, they were proper pony apart from the one player in CM, literally.

Middlesbrough - Bryan silly header to put their forward through on goal. Then chasing the game and caught again late on.

Of course it’s about results & you can’t wait too long, but the errors above is at least 6 points which have been lost & not all of them have come from playing directly from the back. It’s difficult to blame edwards for that.

Dog shit performances like QPR away is what I can get on to him about though.

They need to improve going forward but it’s a slow process, even under Rowett, the latter stages was a slow decline into our own half. It’s not going to be an overnight fix.