Bristol city V Wall- Match thread- 3pm

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling chilled out in the last 15 mins. Rather than sweating, chewing the nails and kicking the cat. As we have done the last few years. The wind of change is blowing
Never mind the last few years...remember Huddersfield, Sunderland, Southampton and Brizzle at home and Watford away, all THIS season.

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling chilled out in the last 15 mins. Rather than sweating, chewing the nails and kicking the cat. As we have done the last few years. The wind of change is blowing
I even had the thought that we might nick it. Just as I was giving up hope….

Great performance again and getting stronger each game. You can see the confidence is there now. Also, 'cause we hold onto the ball more and do not give it away so easily, the defence is not under relentless pressure for most of the game(s). That probably means the players will have more energy going into the last quarter of the game.

It's funny though, it's the same players, but it seems Edwards does trust the players to do their thing, probably more than GR did. He must have confidence in them.

Last edited:
And a big shout out to the ref today!

Contender for the best ref we’ve had so far this season?

Yes, he booked Leonard and Cuffy (the latter was a definite foul outside the box), and Cooper wanted a pen (which even the Wall players didn’t really appeal for), but thank fuck he let 50/50 tackles go and did his best to keep the game flowing. Can’t ask more than that!

Perhaps Mr Whitestone needs to be sat down and be made to watch how a football match should be refereed?

Great performance again and getting stronger each game. You can see the confidence is there now. Also, 'cause we hold onto the ball more and do not give it away so easily, the defence is not under relentless pressure for most of the game(s). That probably means the players will have more energy going into the last quarter of the game.

It's funny though, it's the same players, but it seems Edwards does trust the players to do there thing, probably more than GR did. He must have confidence in them.
100% mate. When you have a leader who believes in you it helps to excel

And a big shout out to the ref today!

Contender for the best ref we’ve had so far this season?

Yes, he booked Leonard and Cuffy (the latter was a definite foul outside the box), and Cooper wanted a pen (which even the Wall players didn’t really appeal for), but thank fuck he let 50/50 tackles go and did his best to keep the game flowing. Can’t ask more than that!

Perhaps Mr Whitestone needs to be sat down and be made to watch how a football match should be refereed?
The best ref is the one you barely notice is on the pitch.
He was one of those today.
I didn't catch his name.

I enjoyed that. Making space, keeping possession and always wanting to push forward. We're playing with a new found confidence, that the players seem to relish.
Loved watching the lads and JE going over to applaud our loud and proud travelling faithful.
And players who some were writing off a few weeks ago, playing an integral part in another win.
Safe journey home to all who were there today.
COYL.

Members online