The Regeneration Scheme

With the raise in interest rates over the last few years, unprecedented increases in construction costs and a general dislike to all things Millwall by most council and government officials, I fear this will never happen.
It will. Flats are flying up on Ilderton road. A new overground station that goes to Canary wharf. I reckon loads of what's to be built will be sold off plan before it's even completed.

Last edited:
Tory MP cunt. Chairman of the Surrey Canal Sports Foundation. All over the regen.
I know some digging was done a few years ago but Renewal havn't done a single thing apart from this project since they were formed (for £100 it seems), along with Norris and an ex mayor being involved I would of thought it easy for an experienced Journalist to uncover the beginnings of the regen.

Surrey Canal Foundation is now the New Bermondsey sports foundation and I noticed John Inverdale is now on board, perhaps paid to give it some kind of credibility.

Nothing has gone through the full planning process in detail as of yet, and construction funding for major regeneration projects such as this is far from plentiful. No bricks will be laid in the next 2 years in my view
This is symptomatic of how much fucking red tape exists in this country when it comes to land development of any kind.

Christ, if this had been China, a whole city infrastructure would have been built in the time it’s taken to get this regen project to where it is now.

Pitiful.

This is symptomatic of how much fucking red tape exists in this country when it comes to land development of any kind.

Christ, if this had been China, a whole city infrastructure would have been built in the time it’s taken to get this regen project to where it is now.

Pitiful.
Perhaps not.

Jordana Malik is one name behind Renewal and a trustee on the NBSF, where Dodgy Stephen Norris is also a trustee.
Pity we don't have the kind of journalists that would dig deep into the details of people like these 2 and why they are there.

There was silly old me thinking The New Bermondsey Sports Foundation was a local project, turns out it's another Renewal company, I now remember them trying to get a couple of million from some National sports trust by lying.

Wasn't she the one shacked up with a Councillors family member? :unsure:

Wasn't she the one shacked up with a Councillors family member? :unsure:

A few dissolved companies along the way.

I know some digging was done a few years ago to show how dodgy the whole renewal situation was but I can't remember that much of it.
You can see here how the scheme was hatched before the public would of known, seems like they started by getting involved in what is now the New Bermondsey sports foundation

They falsely claimed a large sports grant which I think they nearly got but luckily didn't.

Renewal missed out on a large gift because we didn't want them to be given our land cheaply.

I know some digging was done a few years ago but Renewal havn't done a single thing apart from this project since they were formed (for £100 it seems), along with Norris and an ex mayor being involved I would of thought it easy for an experienced Journalist to uncover the beginnings of the regen.

Surrey Canal Foundation is now the New Bermondsey sports foundation and I noticed John Inverdale is now on board, perhaps paid to give it some kind of credibility.
And dame Tammy Thompson.

Just noticed that on the NBSF site it shows where they are now and where they are moving to, it's across the road the other side of Surrey Canal and looks like Mason's Scaffolding have a yard there, they sponsor us don't they?
On google maps it show a warehouse and has Zona Mista down as the users but temporally closed, a quick search show this

I know none of this is new news but if I can find all that I have in half an hour there must be a lot more going on that someone who knows what they are doing could find.

The whole thing stinks, pockets of land were being bought on the development sites years ago and no one in their right mind would give a contract of this scale to a Company who,s biggest project to date is a one storey building.

When it all goes tits up and it will the first question should be is "who carried out due diligence on Renewal and those connected to Renewell"

The new flats along ilderton road and the side roads by the old Kent road is very noticeable

the whole area right down to the elephant has changed already
loads of building going on in ilderton road , galleywall loads of commercial premises have been bought or leases not renewed

i can see Millwall leaving in SE16 in less than 20 years , the new people moving in wont be Millwall fans

just my opinion

i can see Millwall leaving in SE16 in less than 20 years , the new people moving in wont be Millwall fans
I can't see why that matters or would matter. who they may or may not support. Most of the new builds will be buy to let landlords and the tenants looking for short term accommodation. We have a long lease on the Den and it'd only be relinquished if we got a rogue owner that wanted to sell the land. There is also a covenant on the the ground that means the land must always be used for sporting purposes. It stands since Senegal fields existed. We have been on the manor for over a hundred years. It's not as straight forward as some people think it would be to shift us.

The whole thing stinks, pockets of land were being bought on the development sites years ago and no one in their right mind would give a contract of this scale to a Company who,s biggest project to date is a one storey building.

When it all goes tits up and it will the first question should be is "who carried out due diligence on Renewal and those connected to Renewell"
An ex Millwall director is part of Renewal. Renewal havn't got a pot to piss in and were going to flip the land that they thought they'd easily acquire. They were never going to build anything. Malik and Sullivan are the names that connect Renewal to Lewisham council.

I can't see why that matters or would matter. who they may or may not support. Most of the new builds will be buy to let landlords and the tenants looking for short term accommodation. We have a long lease on the Den and it'd only be relinquished if we got a rogue owner that wanted to sell the land. There is also a covenant on the the ground that means the land must always be used for sporting purposes. It stands since Senegal fields existed. We have been on the manor for over a hundred years. It's not as straight forward as some people think it would be to shift us.
so about the people who have moved out how long do we really think their children / Grandchildren will keep supporting Millwall , i know some people wall to the core and fairly well known lads who's kids now support the more local to where they live team
of course local people supporting their local team matters
And most of the amount of new builds cant be short term

so about the people who have moved out how long do we really think their children
You tell me. We have fans that have moved and still come back with there kids and grandkids. You seem to be going on what you think will happen and that's purely guess work when saying 20 years. The majority of our ST holders are still south Londoners living locally.

An ex Millwall director is part of Renewal. Renewal havn't got a pot to piss in and were going to flip the land that they thought they'd easily acquire. They were never going to build anything. Malik and Sullivan are the names that connect Renewal to Lewisham council.
As with all projects of the scale of the Bermondsey Redevelopment, quite a few of the existing properties would have been compulsory purchased for the land they sit on, it would be interesting to see who in Lewisham Council was behind the purchase, what they paid and if it was sold on to developers or retained by Lewisham Council.

Members online

No members online now.