Foxes v Lions Match thread Wed 7-45pm KO

Two absolutely avoidable goals within 8 mins of h/t drained all belief and confidence out of the side after a really good and gritty first half.
Sarkic definitely at fault for both ,no mans land/very poor positioning both times.
Leics then in total ascedency for rest of game,got deflected 3rd and we got late consolation.
My own thoughts are stick with keeper for time being and dont ruin his confidence,but cannot put up with these mistakes week in week out for too long
Needs to give a shaky defence some confidence
Repeat first half performance and we will beat huddersfield.
Oh yeah Keith Stroud is a fucking disgrace in case you had'nt noticed!
Only the first was avoidable 🙃

Sadly it would have been different I’d Honeyman’s back post shot was not cleared off the line by Wout Faesy as Nisbet scored shortly after. Lady Luck fas deserted us for the time being.

Just back…

First half set up well, took our goal brilliantly.
Ref booked 3 of our back 5 for absolutely nothing fouls which was an easy way to allow them back in the game.

Inevitable changes had to come at half time and they did. Once again, individual errors and lapses in concentration cost us. Conceding too many soft goals at the moment, the defence need a major kick up the bollocks.

Looks like we need a leader in there, no one is taking responsibility.

With a few exceptions we have always had above average goalkeepers.
That is very true. Always done well in that department bar the odd exception.

Bart is the best currently available.
That is subjective.

It can't do his confidence any good when he is regularly dropped in favour of lesser keepers.
As i said keeping is very much a confidence thing and often dependent on what's in front of you. Barts confidence must have taken a hit in recent times. Concedes a 93rd minute goal against Southampton which denied us a point. Then concedes three in each of his next two games. He's been in goal for quite a few spankings this season. For all we know we may have been dropped to take some pressure off of him. We don't see what goes on in training or behind closed doors. I don't think we lost that game because of the keeper. We lost because they are a level above us and were going to be put under a lot of pressure after we took the lead.

He is nearing the end of his career.
He is and quite a few fans said it should have ended when he played like a clown and conceded four against Reading in the cup. To his credit he has redeemed himself.

If i was him i would say i don't need this and bugger off somewhere warm for a final big payday.
Just as well he isn't you then isn't squire :grinning: He's probably getting very well paid and is unlikely to get that elsewhere as i can't see another club chasing him now. This will be his final big payday. Don't forget we took him from Ipswich after they were relegated with a minus 41 goal difference- He also missed being relegated by the skin of his teeth and three points when at Notts county back in 2014.

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy :grinning:

Right now for a confession seeing as we're on about goalkeepers.

Young Peckham Lion was a very very good goal goalkeeper. I was the kid at school that always had a holes in the kness of his trousers from diving about on concrete. I was also the kid that always had a ball under his arm that would go to parks/other estates looking for a game. The older boys would let me join in but always in goal. When i was 12/13 i was playing with 15/16 year olds. I was tall for my age which helped. I was also fearless and had no problems coming off my line and diving at the feet of strikers. i didn't care if i got a boot in the face.

Those balls were hard and heavy back then and fucking evil when they were wet and it was cold cause me hands would be numb. My old man was an ex pro and trained me from a young age. By the time i was 8/9 i knew how to narrow down your angles, when to come or stay on your line, when or not to leave my line to claim a cross.

I played in goal for my school and for a sunday team. I constantly practiced. Anyway when i was 14 i was approached by a scout who was working foe a pro club one sunday when i played for my team. Same game i'd make some cracking saves along with saving a penalty and the rebound. I went for trials with the club i was scouted for. I was later accepted on schoolboy terms.

I had a very tough upbringing at home, had a short fuse and could look after myself. That became a problem and what stopped me from kicking on with the football. I got sent off twice playing for the club that signed me. Once for nutting an opponent that had slyly done me in the ribs twice when his team had corners. First time i let it go, the second time i saw red and stuck the nut on him which put him on his arse with a broken nose. I was called in and told that i needed to work on my temper and leave it to the officials to deal with things.

Second time i got my marching orders was for losing my rag and battering an opponent that spat in my face during a pushing and shoving incident involing everyone on the pitch. I had to be dragged off of the cunt who was out cold by this stage. Got called in next training day by the development bloke and two coaches. They said my lack of discipline was a major concern and unacceptable. I couldn't promise that i wouldn't react the same if it was to happen again. I just couldn't understand or see how i was expected not to react to getting a mouthful of spit in my face. I told them that. That didn't go down well with the coaches who kept saying you just have except and it act in a professional manner. I got suspended for a month and told to work on my temper. i never went back.

The club was Palace :eek!::eek!:

I have never once regretted how it panned out and did okay from the other path i went down.

Just back. Brilliant first half on and off the pitch. Loud and proud. As I said to my boy at half time - “let’s just go now, weve had a cracking evening” 😂
From where I stood it seemed that the fans stuck with the team tonight even when we were under the cosh. No collective chanting, slagging off the players (or manager) like some did at Ipswich. Keep the faith

Keeper errors or not, our defence has been so soft this season. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve conceded 3 and 4 in games. It’s very very unlike us.

Losing Cresswell was and is a big deal.

Coventry popped 3 past us and I still to this day don’t know what happened. It didn’t even felt like they had to try, yet I didn’t think we played badly.

The back line needs a major shake up. Sentiment can’t come in to it, Cooper, Hutchinson, Murray are becoming liabilities these days.

Sky Highlights:

Sarkic:

1st goal - damned if he came for the ball, didn’t get it and they scored; damned if he stayed on his line and they had scored with a good header like Tom’s. Very testing cross and not sure of BNC’s, Cooper’s and Wes’ positioning 🤔

2nd goal - Had to protect his near post. Cross too high for him. Who should have been marking the player who scored unmarked at the far post?

3rd goal - Not at fault. A deflection and Honeyman made a hash of trying to control and clear 🤷‍♂️

So, can be partially blamed for the first but not the other 2. Central marking looks very suss 😔

Thanks mate and how are you?
I'm okayish thanks mate. Condition hasn't changed but plodding along. Been so long now that it feels normal. Have had two appointments for surgery cancelled at short notice due to staff shortage and other cases coming in overnight that are deemed more important and need treating immediately. I've become immune to the painkillers i've been on cause i've been taking them for so long. Mind over matter and sheer stubbornness is helping a great deal. I find if you focus on the fucker it makes things worse. I try to keep as distracted as i possibly can.

We';re the first team to put two past them this season. Only positive i can find. It's how we react/ regroup after we concede that's part of the problem for me. Not a criticism more a concern because it's happened in at least five games that i can remember where we've conceded and within 5 to10 minutes we concede again. Last night, Ipswich, Hull, Leeds, Norwich and Reading in the cup. They must feel like real body blows to the gut that sucks the wind out of them and affects there ability to recover/ compose themselves again. It's understandable when confidence is low and hoping it doesn't happen. One win could change so much.

With a few exceptions we have always had above average goalkeepers. Bart is the best currently available. It can't do his confidence any good when he is regularly dropped in favour of lesser keepers. He is nearing the end of his career. If i was him i would say i don't need this and bugger off somewhere warm for a final big payday.
Who was the last? It's been a long time now.
Not arguing over who is currently no 1 but Bart is below the standard we need this season.

That is very true. Always done well in that department bar the odd exception.

That is subjective.

As i said keeping is very much a confidence thing and often dependent on what's in front of you. Barts confidence must have taken a hit in recent times. Concedes a 93rd minute goal against Southampton which denied us a point. Then concedes three in each of his next two games. He's been in goal for quite a few spankings this season. For all we know we may have been dropped to take some pressure off of him. We don't see what goes on in training or behind closed doors. I don't think we lost that game because of the keeper. We lost because they are a level above us and were going to be put under a lot of pressure after we took the lead.

He is and quite a few fans said it should have ended when he played like a clown and conceded four against Reading in the cup. To his credit he has redeemed himself.

Just as well he isn't you then isn't squire :grinning: He's probably getting very well paid and is unlikely to get that elsewhere as i can't see another club chasing him now. This will be his final big payday. Don't forget we took him from Ipswich after they were relegated with a minus 41 goal difference- He also missed being relegated by the skin of his teeth and three points when at Notts county back in 2014.

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy :grinning:

Right now for a confession seeing as we're on about goalkeepers.

Young Peckham Lion was a very very good goal goalkeeper. I was the kid at school that always had a holes in the kness of his trousers from diving about on concrete. I was also the kid that always had a ball under his arm that would go to parks/other estates looking for a game. The older boys would let me join in but always in goal. When i was 12/13 i was playing with 15/16 year olds. I was tall for my age which helped. I was also fearless and had no problems coming off my line and diving at the feet of strikers. i didn't care if i got a boot in the face.

Those balls were hard and heavy back then and fucking evil when they were wet and it was cold cause me hands would be numb. My old man was an ex pro and trained me from a young age. By the time i was 8/9 i knew how to narrow down your angles, when to come or stay on your line, when or not to leave my line to claim a cross.

I played in goal for my school and for a sunday team. I constantly practiced. Anyway when i was 14 i was approached by a scout who was working foe a pro club one sunday when i played for my team. Same game i'd make some cracking saves along with saving a penalty and the rebound. I went for trials with the club i was scouted for. I was later accepted on schoolboy terms.

I had a very tough upbringing at home, had a short fuse and could look after myself. That became a problem and what stopped me from kicking on with the football. I got sent off twice playing for the club that signed me. Once for nutting an opponent that had slyly done me in the ribs twice when his team had corners. First time i let it go, the second time i saw red and stuck the nut on him which put him on his arse with a broken nose. I was called in and told that i needed to work on my temper and leave it to the officials to deal with things.

Second time i got my marching orders was for losing my rag and battering an opponent that spat in my face during a pushing and shoving incident involing everyone on the pitch. I had to be dragged off of the cunt who was out cold by this stage. Got called in next training day by the development bloke and two coaches. They said my lack of discipline was a major concern and unacceptable. I couldn't promise that i wouldn't react the same if it was to happen again. I just couldn't understand or see how i was expected not to react to getting a mouthful of spit in my face. I told them that. That didn't go down well with the coaches who kept saying you just have except and it act in a professional manner. I got suspended for a month and told to work on my temper. i never went back.

The club was Palace :eek!::eek!:

I have never once regretted how it panned out and did okay from the other path i went down.
Crikey! That's quite a tale! Personally I think your reaction to both incidents sounds perfectly reasonable - I'm actually a bit surprised that in those days the club would take such severe action against you; it wouldn't surprise me so much nowadays, but I would expect the vast majority of youngsters to react the same as you did back then.

I'm okayish thanks mate. Condition hasn't changed but plodding along. Been so long now that it feels normal. Have had two appointments for surgery cancelled at short notice due to staff shortage and other cases coming in overnight that are deemed more important and need treating immediately. I've become immune to the painkillers i've been on cause i've been taking them for so long. Mind over matter and sheer stubbornness is helping a great deal. I find if you focus on the fucker it makes things worse. I try to keep as distracted as i possibly can.
Sorry to hear you’re still struggling. Mark G has been in touch so I’ll pm you mate. 😉
Take care

Sky Highlights:

Sarkic:

1st goal - damned if he came for the ball, didn’t get it and they scored; damned if he stayed on his line and they had scored with a good header like Tom’s. Very testing cross and not sure of BNC’s, Cooper’s and Wes’ positioning 🤔

2nd goal - Had to protect his near post. Cross too high for him. Who should have been marking the player who scored unmarked at the far post?

3rd goal - Not at fault. A deflection and Honeyman made a hash of trying to control and clear 🤷‍♂️

So, can be partially blamed for the first but not the other 2. Central marking looks very suss 😔
Spot on Purley 👍

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but why didn’t Leonard shoot when he was one on one with the keeper (with about five mins to go) and only seven yards out? He would have scored 3 or 4 times out of 10 but crossed it instead
I thought that too.
Maybe because he's not a striker? I'm sure that Rab would not have thought twice shooting there.
Hopefully, when they analyse the video, that will be discussed with Lenny.

Members online