Millwall v Charlton live on Charlton TV

Bung Millwall a tenner and you can go to the game.
Yep a tenner for me, another tenner for my two kids, £60 petrol, £50 pub meal, £30 Starbucks on the way there, £12 Starbucks on the way back, get home at 1am, shower, 2am by the time the kids get to bed, try waking them up at 8am for school but they will be too tired so i have to take them out somewhere the next day which will probably cost another £100. A lot easier and cheaper to bung the spotters a fiver.

Yep a tenner for me, another tenner for my two kids, £60 petrol, £50 pub meal, £30 Starbucks on the way there, £12 Starbucks on the way back, get home at 1am, shower, 2am by the time the kids get to bed, try waking them up at 8am for school but they will be too tired so i have to take them out somewhere the next day which will probably cost another £100. A lot easier and cheaper to bung the spotters a fiver.
Bring some decent food from home and use flasks for hot drinks. You'll save a nice bit and you don't have to buy processed junk that's expensive.

Yeah friendlys are shit. Went to dartford last pre season and didn’t watch one bit of football. Just went around chatting to people.
This one is v the drips though. And despite just being a friendly they think they’re getting a team together over there, so it’ll be good to burst their bubble.

Youth games the same for me. I'm just so used to an edge and boisterous crowd, it's a big part of the pull for me. I'm beyond caring what the football is like, i've been going to long and still go out of habit and for social reasons, to be around fellow lions/ broader family and to catch up with mates. I make it that next season will be my 47th year of going and i wouldn't change it for the world.

Luckily i'm still on the manor. There is plenty of us still about, see plenty of parents, grandparents about with kids that are wearing the shirt. It'll be passed on again no doubt!

I nip over to Bermondsey once a week just to go to a cafe that is always busy with people like us. The banter, warmth and community spirit is still very much alive, it's a pleasure to be part off. It's what we grew up with and part of what makes us staunch and a different breed. You'll never go hungry, lonely or skint if you are part of it.

I tried that before. My kids are too fussy.
It's just probably what they're used to. Kids can be creatures of habit when it comes to food. I have never bought my son McDonalds, Kfc, fizzy drinks, sweets etc. He gets his sugar from fruit, dried apricots, raisins.

He occasionally buys a fizzy drink now, takes a mouthful or two and bins it. It makes him go a bit daft for a minute or two until the sugar rush wears off. He doesn't like junk food bar a decent fry up and the odd bag of chips. His body isn't used to it and don't need it either.

Remember my mate maoning at a play off final at Wembley that he'd just done a bullseye of burger meals and drinks for his boys. Me and the boy had sandwiches from home that cost about a fiver to knock up. I chucked him the score that i'd have spent in the stadium. You can change your kids habits if you persist and offer incentives.