Rowett out

Don’t know what else Rowett could have done today.

We played some lovely, free flowing football, which was a joy to watch, and we had a few half chances that on another day, we would have got at least 1 goal from!

Rowett made the changes on the hour, which gave the subs 35+ minutes to see if they could change the game. If Malone’s shot in the dying moments that hit the underside of the bar had not come out, we’d have all been saying tonight how well we had done to get a well deserved draw against a team that set themselves up not to lose to us!

6 points out of 9 in the last 3 games is still a good tally to have, and if I was given a choice of losing to Huddersfield but beating WBA away, I would take that in a heartbeat!

We played some lovely, free flowing football, which was a joy to watch, and we had a few half chances that on another day, we would have got at least 1 goal from!

Rowett made the changes on the hour, which gave the subs 35+ minutes to see if they could change the game. If Malone’s shot in the dying moments that hit the underside of the bar had not come out, we’d have all been saying tonight how well we had done to get a well deserved draw against a team that set themselves up not to lose to us!

6 points out of 9 in the last 3 games is still a good tally to have, and if I was given a choice of losing to Huddersfield but beating WBA away, I would take that in a heartbeat!
Can I borrow your rose tinted glasses when you’ve finished with them?
What you meant to say was “we tried to play some free flowing football, but we’re not that good at it”
And as for Malone’s “shot” it was a cross!

When a team sits deep and parks the bus I’d like to see a 442 with proper wingers who can get to the by line and drag the ball back across the 6 yard box as Esse did. Its unlikely we’d be able to break teams down with intricate one two’s into the box.

Disagree. Slow with little attacking intent against a shit poor team in the first half. Attack them and put them under they might well have crumbled. Too full of containing football-in my opinion
Agree with all the above but we need a creative midfielder not just workhorses, we must attack teams at home not play 5 at the back against a lone attacker, Fleming needs to take step back from freekicks ,I think the peop!e in the upper stands are in danger of being hit

Dominated the ball today and missed a really good chance after 5 mins from Vogi. They just sat in and soaked up everything we had. Looked a bit tired again maybe needed a couple of changes to freshen it up. I would like to see Esse have more time what a great young talent he is.

We got hit by the sucker punch due to dreadful defending. Danny M not been a great season for him. Just kick the ball into row Z mate. Shacks done more in 5-10 min then him today. Positives today Cress,Cooper,Esse,Lenny. 2 weeks off good chance to recharge the batteries and go again. We r still 6th and in the playoffs as most results went for us. Cmon u Lions....

Can I borrow your rose tinted glasses when you’ve finished with them?
What you meant to say was “we tried to play some free flowing football, but we’re not that good at it”
And as for Malone’s “shot” it was a cross!
OK, it was a cross and not a shot, but regardless of that, my point still stands had it gone over the line!

Look, I’m the first to pull Rowett and the players up when we keep playing head tennis, and hoofing the ball forwards (usually to the opposition), but that’s only because I genuinely believe that we have a few players who can be a bit comfortable on the ball but, for whatever reason, we don’t see enough of it! OK, Huddersfield sat back, and gave us acres of room for players like Cooper and Cresswell to exploit and run 35 yards without being challenged, but they were well drilled by Colin Wanker, and kept their shape! Each player knew what he had to do and stuck to it, which is why I said on the match thread that they had out ‘Millwalled’ us, as we usually are the ones who sit back and sometimes soak up the pressure after taking the lead!

Having said all that, I still think we knocked the ball around the pitch very well, and we were the better team! Yes it’s frustrating that we’ve dominated the game and got fuck all out of it, but I’d rather we make goal scoring opportunities that just don’t come off, instead of just not trying at all!

"...but they were well drilled by Colin Wanker, and kept their shape! Each player knew what he had to do and stuck to it, which is why I said on the match thread that they had out ‘Millwalled’ us...

This, we are not used to all that possession and couldn't use it to our advantage.

Sorry didn’t see any “free flowing” football. Saw a team clueless about how to beat 5 at the back!

Sorry didn’t see any “free flowing” football. Saw a team clueless about how to beat 5 at the back!
You don’t see the correlation between how Huddersfield played today and us, when we’ve gone ahead this season and then many times sat back and soaked up pressure to win 1-0? If you do, then you’ll know how hard it’s been for those other teams to break us down, just as today we failed to break down Huddersfield!

And is it down to the team (or individual players) to find the right way to beat 5 at the back, or is it the job of the manager to do that? If it’s the latter, then you can’t blame the players who are only doing what their manager has told them to do!

We are not blaming anyone, we are just not that good, it’s as simple as that. If you think that Cresswell’s marauding runs towards the Huddersfield penalty area is free flowing football, think again. Time after time, our possession broke down, just get the ball in the box instead and things might happen. Some of the long range shooting was way off target & a waste of time. I’m not trying to criticise the team, just saying that free flowing aka Man City, it wasn’t. We only had all that possession because Huddersfield let us

We are not blaming anyone, we are just not that good, it’s as simple as that. If you think that Cresswell’s marauding runs towards the Huddersfield penalty area is free flowing football, think again. Time after time, our possession broke down, just get the ball in the box instead and things might happen. Some of the long range shooting was way off target & a waste of time. I’m not trying to criticise the team, just saying that free flowing aka Man City, it wasn’t. We only had all that possession because Huddersfield let us
Absolutely mate! 👍 Also I can’t understand our persistence with the long ball up to Bradders, which just gives away possession as we rarely collect the second ball. Why not hoof it into space to let him and others run onto it?

For ‘free flowing football’ read that as being able to make 1-2’s whilst still moving forwards (as opposed to Cresswell running through their midfield unchallenged), which we have done in patches in some games this season!

Did you not see anything yesterday that wasn’t some improvement in the head tennis and hoofing the ball forwards that we’ve seen in recent games?

Isn’t you saying ‘just get the ball in the box instead and things might happen’ any different to Long kicking the ball into the opposition‘s box, hoping Bradshaw, Flemming, Voglsammer etc. get on the end of it?

As for long range shooting being a waste of time? Well, the team have been slaughtered in the past for not shooting from distance enough, and now when they did it yesterday, they’re still getting it in the neck! Long range shooting can be effective - a deflection can come from it and wrong foot a goal keeper to send it over the line, or if a quick thinking player sees that a goal keeper has come off his line and has left himself stranded, or just simply unleashing a powerful 30 yard shot that sails past a goal keeper’s outstretched hand, into the top corner of the goal!

The difference between the two teams yesterday was one defensive mistake. If Danny had kicked that ball into row Z, Ward wouldn’t have got a foot to it to smash it into the roof of the net! Similarly, if any of our half chances had fallen nicely for us, we might have won that game 3 or 4 nil. In football, it’s fine margins like these which sometimes dictate the outcome of a game.

For ‘free flowing football’ read that as being able to make 1-2’s whilst still moving forwards (as opposed to Cresswell running through their midfield unchallenged), which we have done in patches in some games this season!

Did you not see anything yesterday that wasn’t some improvement in the head tennis and hoofing the ball forwards that we’ve seen in recent games?

Isn’t you saying ‘just get the ball in the box instead and things might happen’ any different to Long kicking the ball into the opposition‘s box, hoping Bradshaw, Flemming, Voglsammer etc. get on the end of it?

As for long range shooting being a waste of time? Well, the team have been slaughtered in the past for not shooting from distance enough, and now when they did it yesterday, they’re still getting it in the neck! Long range shooting can be effective - a deflection can come from it and wrong foot a goal keeper to send it over the line, or if a quick thinking player sees that a goal keeper has come off his line and has left himself stranded, or just simply unleashing a powerful 30 yard shot that sails past a goal keeper’s outstretched hand, into the top corner of the goal!

The difference between the two teams yesterday was one defensive mistake. If Danny had kicked that ball into row Z, Ward wouldn’t have got a foot to it to smash it into the roof of the net! Similarly, if any of our half chances had fallen nicely for us, we might have won that game 3 or 4 nil. In football, it’s fine margins like these which sometimes dictate the outcome of a game.
It’s all about opinions so I respect yours but regarding the 1-2’s we were only able to play them because Huddersfield sat back & let us. Yes, we were moving the ball reasonably well but for some unexplained reason also tried some 40 yard passes to the opposition (Whatmore I’m talking about you!) And as for the goal, I’m blaming Burke all day long. Danny knocked the ball up the wing and Burke made absolutely no effort to shut their man down in fact apart from the one dazzling run and shot he had he’s got to be the fastest but laziest player I’ve ever known.
Keep voicing your opinions though it makes for some good debates ;)

At the end of the day we’re Millwall and we always fuck up against the bottom teams, without fail every time. It’s what we do.

we then get points where we “shouldn’t” against the top teams.

how many times have we done that to teams this season, possession means fuck all unless you score and we’ve had fuck all possession and won games this season 5+times