Rowett out

It’s all about opinions so I respect yours but regarding the 1-2’s we were only able to play them because Huddersfield sat back & let us. Yes, we were moving the ball reasonably well but for some unexplained reason also tried some 40 yard passes to the opposition (Whatmore I’m talking about you!) And as for the goal, I’m blaming Burke all day long. Danny knocked the ball up the wing and Burke made absolutely no effort to shut their man down in fact apart from the one dazzling run and shot he had he’s got to be the fastest but laziest player I’ve ever known.
Keep voicing your opinions though it makes for some good debates ;)
And I respect your opinion as well.

I think the point I’m trying to make (badly lol), is that yes, Huddersfield sitting back allowed us to play the 1-2’s, but we did at least play them, so why is it we can’t do that every week, against other opposition that don’t sit back?

Is it because Rowett doesn’t teach 1-2’s in training, only wanting them to go forward on the counter, or is it solely down to the players who don’t have the belief and confidence to play those systems against the likes of footballing sides like Burnley or Sheffield United?

I've said on here before, I would like to see a Morison or Matt Smith type in the team. It would surely help Bradshaw during a game as at the moment he is the lone striker battling against a couple of giants. He is to his credit doing as best he can against the centre backs. But with a partner like our two former strikers he and the team would benefit.
I watched the cup tie between Sheffield United and Blackburn on telly and they both have the physical target man in their team. Ollie McBurnie and Sam Gallagher.
Cracking cup tie and both of them were influential. Just wished we had something like those. Maybe GR doesn't like that type of forward.

Don’t know what else Rowett could have done today.

We played some lovely, free flowing football, which was a joy to watch, and we had a few half chances that on another day, we would have got at least 1 goal from!

Rowett made the changes on the hour, which gave the subs 35+ minutes to see if they could change the game. If Malone’s shot in the dying moments that hit the underside of the bar had not come out, we’d have all been saying tonight how well we had done to get a well deserved draw against a team that set themselves up not to lose to us!

6 points out of 9 in the last 3 games is still a good tally to have, and if I was given a choice of losing to Huddersfield but beating WBA away, I would take that in a heartbeat!
Liked the reply on the beating West brom bit but free flowing football !! ;)