Wall v Sunderland match thread

Moany old git, in the build up to the game he said he knew exactly what to expect from us and now moans about it and if you put a 5ft 7in player against a 6ft 7in player the only way the smaller player can beat him in the air is to foul him.

Moany old git, in the build up to the game he said he knew exactly what to expect from us and now moans about it and if you put a 5ft 7in player against a 6ft 7in player the only way the smaller player can beat him in the air is to foul him.
I think he's being honest, obviously frustrated but hardly moaning. We did a job on them, he mentions all the free kicks and stop start game. We had to do that, it worked cause they couldn't get a head of steam up.

I hope we never see him managing us.
Would never happen but i wouldn't mind him, his teams play decent football.

One cunting off from behind the dugout and he will be in floods of tears.
I can assure you that he can take a bit, gave him a hell of a time years ago from behind the dugout. Never seemed to bother him and he didn't react. Warnock on the other hand will eventually bite, lost his rag with me once, i just laughed cause i knew it got to him , job done!

Bet the Sunderland fans lap all this up. We want to play the beautiful game and those bully boys from Bermondsey stopped us from doing it.

Well Tony.... "newsflash" ... you're not Barcelona but are just a slightly less shit version of Swansea City.
You have to laugh at times with some of these ex footballers he was a real kick bollock bite type of player then hoof

Last edited:
Bet the Sunderland fans lap all this up. We want to play the beautiful game and those bully boys from Bermondsey stopped us from doing it.
:grinning:
Well Tony.... "newsflash" ... you're not Barcelona but are just a slightly less shit version of Swansea City.

Tactically, he's been playing his passing football stuff for a while now. But it hasn't been massively successful and usually falls away (then again, that happens with most of them).

He did take WBA up to the PL about fifteen years ago and earned Blackburn second spot in League One about four/five seasons back. But with Celtic, 'Boro, Coventry (and Blackburn) he never reached the real championship success of the WBA promotion season. Celtic was a bit of a disaster and he left Coventry when they were rooted at the bottom of the table. Maybe he will have better luck with the Mackems.

Have seen a freeze frame from behind the goal, Saville is in an offside position by inches. Stood in front of there keeper so i presumme he's deemed as interfering with play when the shot on goal happened.

The other way round and we'd be saying it should be disallowed, but what was all that chat about? If the ref thought he interfered and he is offside, disallow it and move on, why did it take so long?

Most annoying thing for me is that was about as far forward as Saville went all fucking day.

The other way round and we'd be saying it should be disallowed, but what was all that chat about? If the ref thought he interfered and he is offside, disallow it and move on, why did it take so long?

Most annoying thing for me is that was about as far forward as Saville went all fucking day.
The ref, from his angle couldn't tell if he was offside. The lino, from his angle, saw he was offside, but can't tell if he was in the the keepers eyesight and no attempt was made to touch the ball, so no flag raised. Hence, the goal was given. Then, once the ref asks the lino if he was in an offside position and the lino confirms it, he tells the lino to raise his flag. Goal then cancelled. Rightly or wrongly, that's what happened.

The ref, from his angle couldn't tell if he was offside. The lino, from his angle, saw he was offside, but can't tell if he was in the the keepers eyesight and no attempt was made to touch the ball, so no flag raised. Hence, the goal was given. Then, once the ref asks the lino if he was in an offside position and the lino confirms it, he tells the lino to raise his flag. Goal then cancelled. Rightly or wrongly, that's what happened.
Great explanation to bring some clarity to the issue. The key question though is did Saville obscure Paterson’s view. He did not remonstrate with the ref and nor did his team mates claim offside! 🤔

Fair enough. Got to take it on the chin and move on

I just wish he'd been that conscientious about the rest of his afternoons work.