Danny Mac why not stop messing around

Let's have it right, he's had one and a half good seasons. Rowett has had a lot to do with his progression.

He is a Millwall boy and I love his attitude and commitment. I said a while ago that players like him and Billy Mitch are vital to keep at the club as they have Millwall DNA running through them and should be given long-term (as in 4/5 years rather than the 2 years the club thinks is long-term). But there is no loyalty in football today despite all this so if he wants to go then let him go and if he wants to stay then he should sign the fucking contract.

Stop shit stirring, 'cause we all know what your game is, mate.
Your fucking thread is drying up and you need some action before it's locked...!!
:smoke:

🤣

I might be being a bit simplistic but if I was playing for my boyhood club and was thought of highly it would take a seriously large difference in pay to make me want to go to a club in the same division. There has to be more to this. Perhaps there is interest from a premiership club (or West Brom!)

The reason Danny not signed is because of the offer made by the club is a bit of a farce & way below many others in the team and after the season
he had deserves a decent offer but silly bullocks GR is holding out so it looks like another promising youngster could be leaving for peanuts , got rid of Ben & Mahoney cause they had the nerve to disagree with him & never gave them.proper game time and how Leonard gets in before Danny I don't know, don't believe some of the old crap coming out of GR mouth about this situation,we missed his forward runs yesterday

Whether its true or not, i don't know,but the punters around me yesterday were pretty convinced it wasn't a money issue,but something to do with the release clause in his contract 🤷

The reason Danny not signed is because of the offer made by the club is a bit of a farce & way below many others in the team and after the season
he had deserves a decent offer but silly bullocks GR is holding out so it looks like another promising youngster could be leaving for peanuts , got rid of Ben & Mahoney cause they had the nerve to disagree with him & never gave them.proper game time and how Leonard gets in before Danny I don't know, don't believe some of the old crap coming out of GR mouth about this situation,we missed his forward runs yesterday
Don't talk bollocks mate. Sadly, Ben isn't up to Championship level, not even sure he is L1. As for Mahoney he was a waste of space from minute one, not GR's fault. I like Danny and hope he stays, but his salary has to be in line with similar players like Billy. Can't give everyone who does well for a year £20k a week. We'd be bankrupt by Christmas.

Honestly, some of the shit I read on here

You do know that it’s not actually Rowett that is in charge of contract negotiations don’t you? That is Kavanaghs job who is working to a budget set by JB and the board, fuck all to do with Rowett. As for Mahoney and Thompson they were moved on because they weren’t good enough, simple as that.

You think GR is responsible for contract negotiations? :rotfl:
As for everything else you noted. I liked Ben good attitude but not good enough. Mahoney was a waste or space.

18 months ago DM would have been dreaming of playing in the first team and being offered a new deal on these terms. Offering lower contracts to academy players isn’t unique to Millwall. It’s a strange world where we will pay a fee and more wages to recruit a replacement instead of offering more to DM but I suppose the same could be said for a player 2 years ago didn’t really look like he was going to make it.

I hope he stays but the better we get the more often we will encounter these situations with players. Must be hard for DM but I’ll trust the club to do the right thing long term. I’m sure if he does leave we will look to replace him with a better quality of player.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted, we know that we will lose Danny at some point but looking forward to him being with us for another 2 - 3 years. Bit of a shame he was on the bench, as he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. I hope the club do right by him, if we lose him for nothing at the end of the season I will join you all to take a noose down to Kavanagh’s office and hang him from the Dockers upper!!!

It’s down to what we have offered per week. QPR have offered him good wages, better than our offer, but not astronomical. We could afford to match it based on the wages Honeyman Afobe and the Dutchman are on.

Millwall have offered a massive improvement on his current wages, but still poor compared with other members of the current squad.

This is what happens when you start trying to progress, breaking transfer records and signing better players. Expectancy levels rise across the board.

Where I think we are wrong as a club is to try and negate that extra spending by trying to kick one of our homegrown talents up the bollocks.

If McNamara leaves, we would likely have to pay a first team quality young replacement similar to what he is demanding, so it’s terribly, terribly short sighted. McNamara will be worth big money in a year or two’s time. Reward him, keep him happy and playing his best football and reap the rewards when a Premier League team come knocking. Don’t let him leave for QPR for the sake of a few Bob, for fuck sake!!

As said above the cost of a replacement would be high and it also comes with a risk they won’t fit in or could be a wage thief. With Danny there are no questions, just get it done Wall.

You think GR is responsible for contract negotiations? :rotfl:
As for everything else you noted. I liked Ben good attitude but not good enough. Mahoney was a waste or space.
I should hope he as a say in things , Ben yes did run his course but his treatment by GR was woeful and Mahoney never got a chance and they both dislimed each other so that was only ever to go one way

Me being old school, my belief is no player is bigger than the club regardless of their family support, if the agent is guiding them into a situation where it's more beneficial to him, then you are with the wrong agent.
The club should sell all players that are entering their final year because it only leads to them walking away.
Since Bosman there is little incentive of running an academy because all the cards are stacked in the agent and kid's favor.

Looks like he's not settled.
Think Danny (along with other Wall players) may have to start realising this season that, with the good squad depth we have, he and others might not be guaranteed a starting place every game!

If he’s not happy with that, then best he fucks off and plays for a team that‘s prepared to pay him the salary he wants! As a Wall supporter, Danny should know more than anyone that we only want players who really want to play for us - who want to stay and fight for a place!

Sadly, it seems in Danny’s case it’s all about the money and what his agent tells him he is worth! Agents poison players because they know that the more money they get, the bigger the slice of that 10% goes to them! Danny should be thinking long term: if the club gets to the Prem next season he, along with the other players, will probably get their salaries renegotiated anyway, as the club will be looking to retain the squad for their first foray in the Premiership!

Think Danny (along with other Wall players) may have to start realising this season that, with the good squad depth we have, he and others might not be guaranteed a starting place every game!

If he’s not happy with that, then best he fucks off and plays for a team that‘s prepared to pay him the salary he wants! As a Wall supporter, Danny should know more than anyone that we only want players who really want to play for us - who want to stay and fight for a place!

Sadly, it seems in Danny’s case it’s all about the money and what his agent tells him he is worth! Agents poison players because they know that the more money they get, the bigger the slice of that 10% goes to them! Danny should be thinking long term: if the club gets to the Prem next season he, along with the other players, will probably get their salaries renegotiated anyway, as the club will be looking to retain the squad for their first foray in the Premiership!
Yes, appeasing them mid-contract is throwing good money away, Wallace Lovelace and now Danny.
If you kept Danny paying him what he's entitled to and no more for another year, he will be well chuffed with his agent, maybe the kindly agent will make up the difference.