Danny Mac why not stop messing around

If DM wants to play for Millwall 7k a week for me is a pretty fair offer. He’s played well but he’s end product isn’t good enough yet.

Personally I think he’s making a mistake, he should already have been a part of Saturday, looking forward to the next one and improving on he’s previous season. Instead he wants to leave us for QPR for a few extra grand a week. He won’t get the support for the terraces in the same way and if he doesn’t kick on at QPR he’s going backwards from there. I think he would have really kicked on this season with us and the game time and support he would have got. Maybe Danny’s just one to move on from. All this Millwall supporting family stuff makes it worse.
I don't think he's being overly unreasonable to ask for more considering his contribution to the team and what QPR have subsequently tabled.

As I've said before, any replacement would likely demand more money than what we've offered Dan. Also, if he carries on performing at the levels he has been and improves, we won't be long before Premier League teams come knocking and we can get a fee.

I don't think he's being overly unreasonable to ask for more considering his contribution to the team and what QPR have subsequently tabled.

As I've said before, any replacement would likely demand more money than what we've offered Dan. Also, if he carries on performing at the levels he has been and improves, we won't be long before Premier League teams come knocking and we can get a fee.
I’ve said before youth developed players always get less wages than players that are being signed for a fee and on more wages. It isn’t unique to Millwall and I suppose it also places some responsibility on the player to show some loyalty to the club that’s invested god knows what to help you achieve their goal. Especially if it is the club you and your family support.

He’s played less than 60 first team games, he’s scored 2 and assisted 3 and he will be 24 in December. This isn’t a boy who’s 17, he’s career is half way through. I don’t think the club have done anything wrong in the offer or the treatment of DM. This for me would fall on the player, not the club. You could argue he’s last terms should have been longer.

He's been offered £10k less than what Flemming is on,
How much is Flemming on? Can't see why a player would expect the same as an attacker, one that has played, scored goals and proven himself at a higher level. Any player that signs a contract and taking wages is only doing so until that contract expires, it's not like they on the same wedge for life. What happens if hand them a nice big pay rise and two year later they want another one? The clubs can't win. Is five grand a week plus bonuses really that bad for a player with fifty first team games under his belt?

Last edited:
he just doesn't want the £7k we have offered,
That's not bad money considering what he's supposedly on now, he's a good player but must understand our clubs finances. A five grand pay rise for just over a season of games is pretty fair from a club that only pulled a bit over 13k of home fans on Saturday.

We would struggle a bit if Leonard
How much is Flemming on? Can't see why a player would expect the same as an attacker, one that has played, scored goals and proven himself at a higher level. Any player that signs a contract and taking wages is only doing so until that contact expires, it's not like they on the same wedge for life. What happens if hand them a nice big pay rise and two year later they want another one? The clubs can't win. Is five grand a week plus bonuses really that bad for a player with fifty first team games under his belt?
I've been told £17k pw.

The reason Danny not signed is because of the offer made by the club is a bit of a farce & way below many others in the team and after the season
he had deserves a decent offer but silly bullocks GR is holding out so it looks like another promising youngster could be leaving for peanuts , got rid of Ben & Mahoney cause they had the nerve to disagree with him & never gave them.proper game time and how Leonard gets in before Danny I don't know, don't believe some of the old crap coming out of GR mouth about this situation,we missed his forward runs yesterday
Is there ever a day when you wake up in the morning and say to yourself, im gonna have a positive day today without moaning ?

Yes i do, i never said any different but it has to be within reason and our budget.

So you don't know other than what you've been told by someone that's been told by someone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
By his best mate who also said he does not want t o leave but feels he not being fairly treated

It's one of those situations where no one really wins. How about we suggest a 10% raise on what we've already offered him on the proviso he fires his agent?

If true that means McNamara is asking for more than what many of our teams established pro's are on. What then happens if those established players then go asking for more?

Thats the thing. Say we give him 10k, what will the likes of Bradshaw have to say? But that's what happens when the expectancy level rises. Last season we paid some really big wages for loanees and we've spent a chunk on Flemming. Honeyman's wages not far off, same for Afobe.