Afobi

Why would he sign a one year deal?
Maybe with an option to extend it in he's contract ?
Yeah, I think the wages he wanted was too much for Bruge, and they would only pay X amount, and that may be the reason it all fell apart!

Afobe has asked for the same wages at Millwall, and GR said, sorry, we can’t pay that! Afobe has then said, well can you pay near to what I want, and GR has said yes, but only on a one year deal!

Maybe Afobe thinks if he helps us get to the Prem next season, we’ll pay him what he really wants, but on a new, improved, longer contract?

Probably a loan deal in everything but name with everyone happy. Millwall have the advantage that he is our player so can play against Stoke and can’t be recalled. Adobe benefits as he is still a free agent at the end of the season so can have one last big pay day. Stoke probably paid up half his contract so saving the other half for a new player for them. We pay the other half over the season. Win win win all round

Yeah, I think the wages he wanted was too much for Bruge, and they would only pay X amount, and that may be the reason it all fell apart!

Afobe has asked for the same wages at Millwall, and GR said, sorry, we can’t pay that! Afobe has then said, well can you pay near to what I want, and GR has said yes, but only on a one year deal!

Maybe Afobe thinks if he helps us get to the Prem next season, we’ll pay him what he really wants, but on a new, improved, longer contract?
Great imagination mate! 😉

Last reports in the Flemish press were that Afobe and Brugge had agreed personal terms. At the eleventh hour, there was a problem between the clubs and Brugge pulled the plug on the deal.

Great imagination mate! 😉
Well, just me speculating! :grinning:

Does seem a bit strange though, that he’s only signed a 1 year contract. Would have thought at his age, he’d want a longer contract for security for him and his family!

I guess we’ll probably never know why the Brugge deal went south, or what the club is paying him over this 1 year contract, but I‘m sure we’re all hoping this season he can beat his tally of 13 goals from last season!

Now that he’s signed a forward, I wonder if GR would still want to sign another, or will it be job done for that position?