Match Thread Millwall v Notts Forest KO 3pm

We concede a goal from our own throwing, school boy error by Bennett that cost us the game. A seriously paper thin squad and the Bradshaw injury doesn’t look good.

You can’t blame GR today, his hand was forced into changes and we missed two absolute sitters.

Whether we planned to go into the transfer market or not, we will have to now.

Nice seeing Ben, back but unfortunately he is not championship level. Never been the same since his injury.

Can’t blame that on Rowett, too many players not good enough 🤷‍♂️
They were good enough first half Purley.

If I was palyers faltering at different times then I would say your right, but It seems that they all regress collectively. Like a switch Is flicked and the loose all Impetus and desire. Surely that has to come from the management? You can't become that negative that quickly without their being something wrong. Too often, like we were the second half against Palace, we give up our serious attacking Intentions In favour of dropping off and making mistakes due to either, paradoxically, rushing or over cautiousness. The effort Is still there but It's too often wasted.

They were good enough first half Purley.

If I was palyers faltering at different times then I would say your right, but It seems that they all regress collectively. Like a switch Is flicked and the loose all Impetus and desire. Surely that has to come from the management? You can't become that negative that quickly without their being something wrong. Too often, like we were the second half against Palace, we give up our serious attacking Intentions In favour of dropping off and making mistakes due to either, paradoxically, rushing or over cautiousness. The effort Is still there but It's too often wasted.
We had enough chances to win it and so did they. Draw was the fair result but we shot ourselves in the foot yet again...

We concede a goal from our own throwing, school boy error by Bennett that cost us the game. A seriously paper thin squad and the Bradshaw injury doesn’t look good.

You can’t blame GR today, his hand was forced into changes and we missed two absolute sitters.

Nice seeing Ben, back but unfortunately he is not championship level. Never been the same since his injury.
Ben was woeful today, really wanted him to have a good game but sadly not good enough for this level

We have no quality, Evans is one of the worst midfielders we have in years, Afobe works hard but try’s fancy touches that don’t come off, Malone is dreadful and the mistake at the end with the throw in is school boy error stuff, we huffed and puffed but to be honest I just couldn’t see us scoring and their pressure was always going to pay off. Rowett didn’t change anything when the peppered our goal around the 80th min, who gets the winner, of course the fucking bearded wonder !!!

Rowett’s 3 year plan is in year 3, so time to move on I think as this season is over, nothing to play for and to be honest can see us slipping down the table but not relegation.

Missed a few home games, but all the games I have been to, still not seen us win….

yes can't blame rowett but he really should have bought mahoony on. there was zero creativity second half, understandably after the injuries

Same old, same old. Can't really fault the effort but a real lack of quality on the ball.
this in bucketfulls. you can have all the blood and thunder and guts in the world but you need those players who can turn a man, drag play around, travel with the ball. second half all we can do is get the ball and charge. championship teams will just pick you off after a while, i.e. see today.

jed has provided us iwth that outlet. ojo was showing signs that him in a midfield would work well with us.

worrying.

simply put, that second half team would barely win a single game in this league.

Oh no I have an injury to a creative player one that can drift in out from the wing,who do I have that can replace him?!.
Mahoney?.No.
Burery?.No.
A centre mid who hasn't featured and I'm likely not to use in the future?!.Yes.

GR masterclass in subs.

That 2nd half was hopeless beyond belief.

Last edited:
Ben’s out of his depth 😞
Sadly, Ben got his chance today and completely fluffed his lines.
Our squad is looking very light weight now if the injuries today are serious .
Couldn’t quite understand why burey or Mahoney weren’t given 10 minutes or more.🤷‍♂️
l appreciate the effort benik puts in but he really should be burying that chance.
When the forest player broke away for their goal, he really should of been taken out by one of ours 30 yards from goal. Taken a card for the team.