Newcastle Utd

The Newcastle United support should be twinned with Charlton Athletic. Both think the next man to own them is the one that’s going to bring about the wealth and glory they think they’re deludedly entitled to.

Newcastle are basically Charlton with beer bellies.
Spot on.

In the Telegraph today some idiot journalist was wailing about how the outgoing chairman had damaged Newcastle for the last 14 years. I must admit, I really do dislike the Telegraph sports section.

I made an online response which upset quite a few Newcastle fans:

What an appalling article. Seriously. The worst kind of sports journalism.

So, Newcastle and their supporters have a divine right to top flight football, do they? They have every right to be punching it out for the title, season in, season out, yes?

No. No they bloody don't!

They are a football club and like every club have to go through their cycles of success and failure.

Does this journalist have even the slightest clue as to Newcastle's history? They have had just two seasons in the second tier in the last 30 years. And in both those seasons they won the Championship.

Newcastle haven't enjoyed that kind of consistency of top flight football since a period between 1898 and 1934, their most successful time coming at the turn of the 20th century when Bill McCracken was perfecting the offside trap.

Since then and until the 1990s they spent time in both the old First and Second divisions: indeed, being an older football supporter, I well remember Newcastle being a pretty regular 2nd Division team until the Premier League happened along.

The tone of entitlement to this piece is nauseating. And underlines everything that is wrong with football today.

And then, to some Newcastle fan feeling hard done by, followed up with:

Then join the supporters of Ipswich, Millwall, Derby Co, Notts Co, Southampton, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Sunderland, Bury, Oldham, Northampton (who Newcastle gained promotion with in 1964/65), Hull City, Huddersfield and many, many more.

These clubs have fans every bit as passionate as Newcastle Utd ones, who go home and away each week desperate to see their team achieve success. But in many cases now a success is just scoring a goal, let alone winning a match: Notts Co, like Derby and Burnley, founder members of the Football League, but now non-League. Bury...vanished.

Tell me: what makes Newcastle a special case? Why are Newcastle supporters entitled to more success than the fans of all the clubs above...?

Last edited:
Spot on.

In the Telegraph today some idiot journalist was wailing about how the outgoing chairman had damaged Newcastle for the last 14 years. I must admit, I really do dislike the Telegraph sports section.

I made an online response which upset quite a few Newcastle fans:

What an appalling article. Seriously. The worst kind of sports journalism.

So, Newcastle and their supporters have a divine right to top flight football, do they? They have every right to be punching it out for the title, season in, season out, yes?

No. No they bloody don't!

They are a football club and like every club have to go through their cycles of success and failure.

Does this journalist have even the slightest clue as to Newcastle's history? They have had just two seasons in the second tier in the last 30 years. And in both those seasons they won the Championship.

Newcastle haven't enjoyed that kind of consistency of top flight football since a period between 1898 and 1934, their most successful time coming at the turn of the 20th century when Bill McCracken was perfecting the offside trap.

Since then and until the 1990s they spent time in both the old First and Second divisions: indeed, being an older football supporter, I well remember Newcastle being a pretty regular 2nd Division team until the Premier League happened along.

The tone of entitlement to this piece is nauseating. And underlines everything that is wrong with football today.

And then, to some Newcastle fan feeling hard done by, followed up with:

Then join the supporters of Ipswich, Millwall, Derby Co, Notts Co, Southampton, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Sunderland, Bury, Oldham, Northampton (who Newcastle gained promotion with in 1964/65), Hull City, Huddersfield and many, many more.

These clubs have fans every bit as passionate as Newcastle Utd ones, who go home and away each week desperate to see their team achieve success. But in many cases now a success is just scoring a goal, let alone winning a match: Notts Co, like Derby and Burnley, founder members of the Football League. but now non-League. Bury...vanished.

Tell me: what makes Newcastle a special case.? Why are Newcastle supporters entitled to more success than the fans of all the clubs above...?
Bang on the money

I've always maintained that a geordie is just a jock that's had his brain kicked out, seeing this thing below strengthens my belief. English blokes, some in army kit holding up Saudi flags, a regime that we war with :wagging: The same fucking knobs that wanted the ' evil Mike Ashley ' out of there club cause he's a Cockney from London and a bit tight with the transfer kitty, yet they welcome these shithouses with open arms! The video below makes me feel sad about the world, how the fuck did we get to this over a poxy game of football?

I've got shoes older than most of them. I always thought geordies were alright to be fair. That just shows them up.
Obviously have fuck all else in their sad lives.

Clubs have expressed concern that the Premier League’s brand could be damaged by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) taking an 80% stake in Newcastle, although eyebrows will be raised at this given the identity of other owners in the division. The deal has been fiercely criticised by human rights groups, especially as PIF – the state’s sovereign wealth fund – is overseen by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Surely Man City haven't objected!?!

I've always maintained that a geordie is just a jock that's had his brain kicked out, seeing this thing below strengthens my belief. English blokes, some in army kit holding up Saudi flags, a regime that we war with :wagging: The same fucking knobs that wanted the ' evil Mike Ashley ' out of there club cause he's a Cockney from London and a bit tight with the transfer kitty, yet they welcome these shithouses with open arms! The video below makes me feel sad about the world, how the fuck did we get to this over a poxy game of football?

Moronic mass hysteria.

And if they ever go out there, hope they have better luck getting a visa than Jamal Khashoggi.

what would you do if a similar lot bought Millwall. Walk away on the morality or stay for the love of the club?
Good question! However, I don’t think it would ever be considered given Millwall’s traditional support.

Last edited:
Money talks. They will be top 4 in the PL in three years.
Sadly probably true. They'll have any number of principle-less 'Top' managers eager to take the Saudi coin now. Anyone see that document 70sCR posted pre-Forum Shutdown? Well worth a watch re. the moral bankruptcy of the game