Getting back to rowett

Millwall tel

The football being served up is basically piss poor. Are we happy with drawing all these games and nicking the odd win? I’d much rather give it a go if I’m honest and have more chance of winning a few more k owing some of the draws will be losses but do the maths 3 for a win 1 for a draw zilch for a loss. I’d rather be going at teams all day long, at least you’d get your money’s worth going to watch them.

This 5 at the back at home is driving me mad, we should be attacking teams at home. 5 at the back away from home I sort of understand. The football we we are playing is dull, even the centre backs are starting to lump it out from the back more, like we did under Harris. Rowlett is stubborn and won’t change so we are stuck with it, same as last year with the most draws in the league!

This 5 at the back at home is driving me mad, we should be attacking teams at home. 5 at the back away from home I sort of understand. The football we we are playing is dull, even the centre backs are starting to lump it out from the back more, like we did under Harris. Rowlett is stubborn and won’t change so we are stuck with it, same as last year with the most draws in the league!
I’m not convinced it is 5 at the back all the time, more like 3!

Against Bristol Malone was often way in front of the 3 CDs with Danny not far behind. There were several times when Malone had to gallop at pace to try and get back to defend.

I think our main problem is we are not a threat through the centre of midfield and move the ball too slowly down the flanks.

However, I was encouraged by Sheyi on Wednesday who posed a bit of a threat in the centre behind the front 2. When he gets up to full fitness and becomes more familiar with his teammates, our game could change significantly 🙏

Spot on Purley, we looked a force the other night , a bit more in the middle of the park needed and just win the second balls 😲 it ain't rocket science 🦁 COYL

The football being served up is basically piss poor. Are we happy with drawing all these games and nicking the odd win? I’d much rather give it a go if I’m honest and have more chance of winning a few more k owing some of the draws will be losses but do the maths 3 for a win 1 for a draw zilch for a loss. I’d rather be going at teams all day long, at least you’d get your money’s worth going to watch them.
It's all well and good going on an unbeaten run of draws but it's not enough. I agree with you, give it a dig and have a go. W1 D1 L1 is better than W0 D3 L0. I know i'm being simplistic but that's how i see it. Better to die fighting and all that. Hopefully we can step up from now on.

Thought Malone was caught out of position too many times....big holes in the middle of midfield and way too slow in getting the ball forward......ojo & Jenni are looking better every game without really threatening at the moment.......need a good midfield General to pull the strings with the pace we have now.....let's see what happens Saturday

To be fair our injuries have prevented us from fielding our strongest team. When all the players are 100% fit I would like to see what sort of attacking side is fielded to win games because potentially the players are there
We have the players to play attacking football but not so sure Rowett has the same mindset. Bods can claim lack of money for transfers, injuries etc but he was no different when he managed Derby and Stoke who both had money to spend, he's super cautious in his approach to games.

Thought Malone was caught out of position too many times....big holes in the middle of midfield and way too slow in getting the ball forward......ojo & Jenni are looking better every game without really threatening at the moment.......need a good midfield General to pull the strings with the pace we have now.....let's see what happens Saturday
Hi........ Phil............how...........are........you...........mate?

We are getting better, the other night we made a decent team look lost for ideas. It's been a slow start to the season but we are starting to look difficult to beat again. I agree with Purley about the midfield

To be fair our injuries have prevented us from fielding our strongest team. When all the players are 100% fit I would like to see what sort of attacking side is fielded to win games because potentially the players are there

I know 'Beni and Bennett' sound like a Gay Solicitors Office in East Street but, they could potentially be a good partnership when they have had a few games to bed in. Blackburn had SAS, we've got B&B..!!

:grinning:

We are getting better, the other night we made a decent team look lost for ideas. It's been a slow start to the season but we are starting to look difficult to beat again. I agree with Purley about the midfield

I know 'Beni and Bennett' sound like a Gay Solicitors Office in East Street but, they could potentially be a good partnership when they have had a few games to bed in. Blackburn had SAS, we've got B&B..!!

:grinning:
uh oh youve only gone and mentioned the g word
see you all in 2 weeks kryans got us closed again