Getting back to rowett

I'll say this only once...

Looking at the other teams we've played this season, bar one or two, their tactics/football have been far worse than ours. Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways... For example, Leicester bored us into submission. I was dozing off when they scored their 1st.

It may be successful (see Brentford) but by god it's tedious. Give me kick and rush any day...

So I'll not criticise....

He's a top manager. Just right for us, and backed us to the hilt over you know what. I completely agree that he seems to be too cautious, but given the players at his disposal I think that is sensible. We just don't have the technical players to go toe to toe with most teams in this division.

He has made some solid signings though, and I think the injection of pace that Ojo and Afobe provide will ensure that we will pick up points steadily if not spectacularly.

Last edited:
He is uber cautious at times but he's sorted out our defence. made us hard to beat and brought in a few useful players. Unlike when Harris was here i don't go to games expecting us to get beat. A few more decent additions to the squad in January could make the second half of the season interesting.

He is uber cautious at times but he's sorted out our defence. made us hard to beat and brought in a few useful players. Unlike when Harris was here i don't go to games expecting us to get beat. A few more decent additions to the squad in January could make the second half of the season interesting.
We are 2 players away from being a very good championship side. Unfortunately they are of the commodity which are very hard to come by. Unless you have wads of cash, a goal scorer and a creative centre midfielder.

We are 2 players away from being a very good championship side. Unfortunately they are of the commodity which are very hard to come by. Unless you have wads of cash, a goal scorer and a creative centre midfielder.
Agreed and we're still reliant on Jed. For all his faults, he turned the game against Brizzel the other night when he came on.

I think our main problem is we are not a threat through the center of midfield and move the ball too slowly down the flanks.

This has been the problem for years. When was the last time you saw one of our midfielders finish a driving run at the heart of a defense with a descent shot?

hit the nail on the head , midfield General is needed & a young Matt Smith ....still think we are overplaying....number of times yesterday we were in good shooting Positions just outside the box but we played it wide which in most cases fizzled out.....on the greasy pitch i would have thought a shot skidding through might have produced but we won

we've spent fk all since he has arrived and had injury issues constantly - not sure who's at fault for that. We are now established top 12 and have gone up a level since Harris left. Another manager wont get us any higher up the table - spending money on a proper goal scoring striker and a few other bits attacking mid especially, will get us to the next level.

I rather watch dogshit games where we end up top 12 than go for it and struggle to stay up. We dont have enough quality in the final third to go for it and ship multiple goals a game. We wont score enough