You're initial thoughts on Harris- With exciting poll ------------------

Good appoinment given our current predicament?

• Yes

Votes: 93 71.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Book me a table at the haters

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trust me, nothing happens. So'ton supporters would try and pretend you're not there to avoid eye contact!
You're right geez. I remember 20 years ago or more we were playing Newcastle at theirs on a Sunday. I think Leeds were playing Southampton on the Friday so me and my brother made a weekend of it and went in with Southampton at Leeds (stip off to our game at Geordies) with our Wall balaclavas and we were millwall noisy and they just gave us a wide berth. Really strange

Anyone changed their opinion? So far so good from Harris cause he's got them fighting and playing again.
I have changed my opinion in so far as I am far more optimistic now about avoiding relegation.
I was at the Sheffield Wednesday game and I honestly couldn’t remember ever feeling so sure we would be relegated.
Now, I think it’s 50/50.
The only thing that has changed in that time is Bomber returning.
Given that his priority is avoiding the drop, nobody can dispute that he has taken massive steps towards that goal.
Whatever our final position I have to concede that it was the right appointment to address the immediate issues.

Next season? My misgivings remain.

Not surprised that Harris has changed our fortunes around, he probably signed most of them or worked with the players within the club and knows what they are not capable of.
Would I trust Harris to change our footballing style, absolutely if he is given the funds.

I have changed my opinion in so far as I am far more optimistic now about avoiding relegation.
I was at the Sheffield Wednesday game and I honestly couldn’t remember ever feeling so sure we would be relegated.
Now, I think it’s 50/50.
Given that his priority is avoiding the drop, nobody can dispute that he has taken massive steps towards that goal.
Whatever our final position I have to concede that it was the right appointment to address the immediate issues.

That's pretty much where i'm at mate. Couldn't have put it better myself and i guess you won';t find to many disagreeing with you.

I thought we tried to play a bit on Saturday and there was a lot less hoofing than i expected from a Harris team. Maybe he has learnt and changed a bit since his time away!! Regardless of the style/ tactics he has certainly instilled some much needed fight and spirit back into the team.

Last edited:
Looking at what games we have left and the optimism and belief that Harris seems to have instilled in the team... I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we will NOT go down.
(This information is correct at time of going to press and the author is no way responsible for the content and the results if everything goes wrong!)

I was optimistic about our fortunes with Bomber back in charge but even I'm gobsmacked about how quickly things have been turned around. Stupid really as we had so many great times under his stewardship in L1, the FA cup and initially the Championship. If he can rekindle our form from that first season back up I'd be more than happy.

Like many i thought for where we were after the sheff wed game relegation was fairly certain and with harris we would at least have a chance , he nearly saved us clearing up the mess hollowhead left us , i wasnt sure long term but im not quite so sure , harris isnt daft and returns as possibly a better manager , he did take cardiff to the play offs theyve done no better since , he inherited a mess a gillingham and nearly kept them up , and at cambridge in two months he took them from 4th bottom to mid table , he wouldnt have been 1st choice but i think hes desperate to prove a point and obviously loves the club and probably deserves his chance to take us on further , he would probably go again if things dont go they way we would all like

Like many i thought for where we were after the sheff wed game relegation was fairly certain and with harris we would at least have a chance , he nearly saved us clearing up the mess hollowhead left us , i wasnt sure long term but im not quite so sure , harris isnt daft and returns as possibly a better manager , he did take cardiff to the play offs theyve done no better since , he inherited a mess a gillingham and nearly kept them up , and at cambridge in two months he took them from 4th bottom to mid table , he wouldnt have been 1st choice but i think hes desperate to prove a point and obviously loves the club and probably deserves his chance to take us on further , he would probably go again if things dont go they way we would all like
I suppose it comes down to money. If we really want the Edwards iPad tika taka football then the playing staff would need a massive investment. Harris is now what, the best part of ten years into his management career. Ten years in a trade should make you as good as you’ll ever be and, in all fairness, he’s stepped in when we were right up against it and has done a number (especially looking back now with our results as those in and around us in the league).

Last edited:
I suppose it comes down to money. If we really want the Edwards iPad tika taka football then the playing staff would need a massive investment. Harris is now what, the best part of ten years into his management career. Ten years in a trade should make you as good as you’ll ever be and, in all fairness, he’s stepped in when we were right up against it and has done a number (especially looking back now with our results as those in and around us in the league).
Your right , the players harris brought to us and rowett are certain types and though they tried to pkay a different way they obviously struggled , the difference between edwards last 4 games and the 4 that harris has been in charge for has been massive the players are playing a way that will bring out the best in them particularly cooper danny billy saville and bradshaw when fit , he also knows the club inside out it was telling in his interview after the birmingham game that he made a point of saying he doesnt want 45 passes in our own penalty area , you play to peoples strengths and you get the best out of them

This is all very polite. He ran out of ideas, couldnt get anything more from the squad and was getting slated by the fans for the long ball game. He did the right thing and parted company with wall, rather than hang around like a bad smell like hollow head did.

All credit for that. We have better players now after John (RIP) injected some cash. Harris has more experience & has put some fight back into the team. Cant knock his results so far. If anyone can get us out of the crap, its him. I hope he stays on.

Now, I think it’s 50/50.

/\ This.

Looking at what games we have left and the optimism and belief that Harris seems to have instilled in the team... I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we will NOT go down.
(This information is correct at time of going to press and the author is no way responsible for the content and the results if everything goes wrong!)
I'm also willing to say we won't go down.............if we do, Millwalljohn will eat my hat.

Reactions: Owl
In the end, football has changed and the passing around from the back, ball at the feet, possession based football is where it's at. There are very few if any 'punt it up and head it in' teams anymore. If we want to reach the Premier League (that may not be everyone's cup of tea but then what's the point in playing if we're not going for the top) then it will take years, money and a complete change of players and management. I feel sorry for Joe but it was the right decision to change and thank God they did it at the time they did.
Can we play the way the best teams play AND be Millwall - That's the question to be answered.
Harris will save us, we'll build a statue outside then he'll be gone.

BTW - Nice to be back and see some faces still on here - Andover :)