Would you rather Millwall be a buying or selling club?

Zampa96

Very random I know, but interested in your thoughts...

Buying in the same sense of a Manchester City/United, Chelski etc. But in the Championship... (So a Leeds, Leicester etc)

OR

Selling in the sense of having a great academy, with a yearly import youngsters who are potentially good enough for the first team, but losing said youngsters to the above teams...?

One could bring instant success, another gradual.

OR Fu*k all entirely.
... We could have the best 11 in the league and still draw 0-0 with bottom of the league ffs lol.

Either one sounds alien for Millwall, but If I were to choose. I'd rather we was a selling team. The pool of youngsters we are exposed to as a club is crazy and could really push us on if managed properly.

Southampton being an example not too far off this.

Love it when we bring the odd player or two as it hopefully improves us as a team,hate it when you hear clubs are looking at our better players but don't mind it when they have seen there best years with us

Selling, it's great seeing young players develop. Just a shame that it's getter harder when big teams can persuade them to leave for a chance at the big time.
I like the approach of buying players though that have already progressed to some degree with the aim of selling them for an even higher fee. The Brentford model some might say. It should provide a balance of being in with a chance of progressing whilst at the same time being financially ok.

Buy cheap/bring through our academy, sell for loads of money 💰 and repeat the process.

If we reach the promised land, hopefully we could get to the level where we didn’t have to sell but, even in my wildest dreams, can’t see that happening 🤷‍♂️

I am happy the way we are, improving the squad each season and see where it takes us.
Bottom third of our division and the division below are littered with clubs that overspent and have no future.