Woke beyond belief

Saxon Lion

A white card has been issued for the first time in a football match in Portugal.

The card was shown during a women's cup match between Sporting Lisbon and Benfica on Saturday after medical staff from both clubs rushed to help a fan who had fainted in the stands as Benfica led 3-0 during the first half.

Referee Catarina Campos then showed the card to both teams.

The gesture recognises and praises acts of fair play.

Fans at the Estadio da Luz in Lisbon were heard cheering and applauding the decision.

Sorry, but it’s a bit of a bug bear for me at the moment, not all change is woke. It may be strange, yes & old farts like us don’t like change, but that’s all this is. Was it woke when they introduced substitutes in the 60’s? Was it woke when red & yellow cards were introduced in the seventies? Different yes & I’m sure some of us moaned about it at the time but like a lot of changes in life, we’ll just get used to it. I’m working on a saying along the lines of “if it ain’t woke, don’t fix it” but it needs a bit more work on it yet

Sorry, but it’s a bit of a bug bear for me at the moment, not all change is woke. It may be strange, yes & old farts like us don’t like change, but that’s all this is. Was it woke when they introduced substitutes in the 60’s? Was it woke when red & yellow cards were introduced in the seventies? Different yes & I’m sure some of us moaned about it at the time but like a lot of changes in life, we’ll just get used to it. I’m working on a saying along the lines of “if it ain’t woke, don’t fix it” but it needs a bit more work on it yet
But when all those changes were made, they were (eventually) seen as being good for the game! There was no ‘agenda’ behind it, other than to try and improve how football was played!

Nowadays nearly anything new or old can be challenged, and there’s always an agenda behind it! No one tries to hide it - wokesters don’t like something, they tell you in no uncertain terms why and expect you to agree with them! It’s when people don’t agree that the race card, slavery, white privelege, etc. is wheeled out to strengthen their claims and call the doubters and skeptics racists!

Saxon didn’t like it, does that make him woke? :unsure:
Come on - you know what I mean! I’m talking about groups like the BLM, groups of students pulling down statues of college/university benefactors who, 200 years ago, were involved in slavery! Those sort of woke agendas!

None of them are trying to make the world better when they are using their groups for money laundering and tax evasion, or getting away with criminal damage under the guise of ‘well, we can legally pull statues down because we’re trying to raise awareness of slavery’ thereby avoiding a prison sentence!

The average Joe in the street aren’t wet behind the ears - they know the agendas these groups are peddling, and why! The politicians don’t help - when the electorate want them to come down hard on these groups, they don’t, and when judges do give out a sentence, it’s usually a lenient one! Everything seems to lean towards these so called ‘do gooders’ who can do no wrong in the eyes of the left wing social media!

D'ya think.

Come on - you know what I mean! I’m talking about groups like the BLM, groups of students pulling down statues of college/university benefactors who, 200 years ago, were involved in slavery! Those sort of woke agendas!

None of them are trying to make the world better when they are using their groups for money laundering and tax evasion, or getting away with criminal damage under the guise of ‘well, we can legally pull statues down because we’re trying to raise awareness of slavery’ thereby avoiding a prison sentence!

The average Joe in the street aren’t wet behind the ears - they know the agendas these groups are peddling, and why! The politicians don’t help - when the electorate want them to come down hard on these groups, they don’t, and when judges do give out a sentence, it’s usually a lenient one! Everything seems to lean towards these so called ‘do gooders’ who can do no wrong in the eyes of the left wing social media!
I know what you’re saying, just not sure it applies in this case. In my day you were just being nice because you were just nice & not because you wanted any recognition

Members online