WMillwall 70s action

wellerwasbest

Only put up this week The Big Match iTV QPR v MILLWALL Div 2 71 72
In Colour,,,,,,

This game has been on You tube for a while but this is a slightly different version with added bits of Jimmy Hill talking about the game and David Coxhill interview after the game, a young lad who came in and marked Rodney Marsh, Not on the other version
Few other bits Liverpool game including a young Kevin Keegan who joined them that season and so easily could have been playing for the Lions that season if it had not been for the Chariman at the time Micky Purser
A few on here will know the story

Keep an eye on this channel if you like these old games, i got in touch with the fella and he thinks he may be able to get the first time Millwall were ever on The Big Match Millwall v Middlesbrough 1968 69 at the Old Den when Possee and Weller were in their Pomp , Nobody has ever seen this game on film ive been told by the historians of the club

In Colour,,,,,,

This game has been on You tube for a while but this is a slightly different version with added bits of Jimmy Hill talking about the game and David Coxhill interview after the game, a young lad who came in and marked Rodney Marsh, Not on the other version
Few other bits Liverpool game including a young Kevin Keegan who joined them that season and so easily could have been playing for the Lions that season if it had not been for the Chariman at the time Micky Purser

Keep an eye on this channel if you like these old games, i got in touch with the fella and he thinks he may be able to get the first time Millwall were ever on The Big Match Millwall v Middlesbrough 1968 69 at the Old Den when Possee and Weller were in their Pomp , Nobody has ever seen this game on film ive been told by the historians of the club

Now that was a treat. It was my first ever Millwall away match and more than 50 years on my recollection of how our goal came about, corner and header from edge of 6 yard box, was correct, though I had though it was Kitch who headed it in. Thanks, Weller :clap:

Last edited:
In Colour,,,,,,

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online