Will we keep Esse come January?

He (and his advisors) have been sensible so far - unlike Lovelace and the plethora of other youngsters that have departed for pastures new at an earlier age in the past - and long may it continue 🙏

What could he expect if he joined Burnley? A fistful of cash Immediately, yes. Perhaps as an occasional sub but not a starter. Possible return to the Championship next season? Be sent out on loan? The list is endless but I’m hopeful he’ll continue to serve his apprenticeship and deliver with the mighty Lions before his inevitable transfer to a top club 🙏

I wouldn't complain if we got 8m up front for him with very good add ons.
He might get a bad injury or never live up to his potential whilst with us and a big offer would tempt me, it's not as though he is good enough to be a regular starter at the moment so we wouldn't be missing anything but his potential.

Transfermarkt say that he is under contract until 2026. If true, no need to sell unless we get 'a too good to refuse' offer.

In any event, can't see him going in January.

Transfermarkt say that he is under contract until 2026. If true, no need to sell unless we get 'a too good to refuse' offer.

In any event, can't see him going in January.
Can't rule out the players wishes, if he feels the club coming in for him is the one he wants to go to then we don't have much choice but to get a good deal done for him, I hope he stays and becomes a top talent along with the other youngsters but reality is a bit different.

Can't rule out the players wishes, if he feels the club coming in for him is the one he wants to go to then we don't have much choice but to get a good deal done for him, I hope he stays and becomes a top talent along with the other youngsters but reality is a bit different.
Like you I hope that he stays for a long while yet.

I agree that there's little point keeping a player if he'd rather be elsewhere - I'm not suggesting Esse falls into that bracket - but the length of contract remaining is a major factor in determining the market price.

Forest bid £1.5m for Jed when he had 6 months left on his contract. Whatever people may think of him, he would certainly have been worth more (at the time) with 18 months left on his contract.

He (and his advisors) have been sensible so far - unlike Lovelace and the plethora of other youngsters that have departed for pastures new at an earlier age in the past - and long may it continue 🙏

What could he expect if he joined Burnley? A fistful of cash Immediately, yes. Perhaps as an occasional sub but not a starter. Possible return to the Championship next season? Be sent out on loan? The list is endless but I’m hopeful he’ll continue to serve his apprenticeship and deliver with the mighty Lions before his inevitable transfer to a top club 🙏
In fairness, he’s not getting a start now, so a bag full of cash and sub appearances in the premiership for half a season might be quite attractive.

We are following in the foot steps of Brentford. They sold their talent for big money and reinvested wisely. I like the model and therefore accept that we will lose our talent at a certain point.

If he wants to go and the price is right let him go. No one needs players whose heads have been turned (that's not the case I’m sure) . Surely his aim should be bigger than Burnley though and ideally somewhere near his family and his friends at his age.

Way too early to say he will even make it with us, clearly potential but we have a long list of talented youngsters, who didn’t quite do it. As for Lovelace, be interesting to see where he ends up over the next ten years.

This country, this world is driven by greed.

A good player, but needs to be played more often otherwise he may decide to move on to gain more game time and get coached by better people and let's not forget he has played for England U18's and may be overlooked if he just manages the odd 10/15 mins coming off the bench.