New players

Denorre
Longman
Campbell
Bryan
Nesbit
Skarkic
Norton Cuffy

All of the above could’ve started last night if the keeper was available and not injured. So 7/8 games in we have 6/7 new players in our starting 11.

That creates the unknown for players. A new side, tactics that some of our new players may not be used to playing, some of the new players are clearly not 100% match fit, some are carrying previous baggage.

My point is, give GR and the new squad time to settle in. On paper this is a far stronger squad than wehad for years and although we’re not convinced about GRs tactics, he has a very good record with us and does seem to be stuttering forward - when analysed over a long period.

Win on Saturday and we’ll be sitting around the playoffs with a side that’s played hardly any games together?

Personally, I’m not a great fan of bringing all these new players in in one go. I’m not stupid, it’s the modern way & it happens at nearly every club nowadays but it must upset the players that are already there. The same players remember that took us within 45 minutes of a play off place last season.
Every season on here someone says we’ve got better squad than the season before but in recent years we’ve never actually bettered the 8th place we achieved under Harris in 2017/18 so what’s that all about? (actually, I’ll tell you what it’s all about. It’s like getting a new bird and thinking she’s the best thing since sliced bread until you find out she’s just like all the others)
P.s. I’m sticking with GR but lose on Saturday and the usual suspects will be sharpening their knives again

New players

Denorre
Longman
Campbell
Bryan
Nesbit
Skarkic
Norton Cuffy

All of the above could’ve started last night if the keeper was available and not injured. So 7/8 games in we have 6/7 new players in our starting 11.

That creates the unknown for players. A new side, tactics that some of our new players may not be used to playing, some of the new players are clearly not 100% match fit, some are carrying previous baggage.

My point is, give GR and the new squad time to settle in. On paper this is a far stronger squad than wehad for years and although we’re not convinced about GRs tactics, he has a very good record with us and does seem to be stuttering forward - when analysed over a long period.

Win on Saturday and we’ll be sitting around the playoffs with a side that’s played hardly any games together?

Before there was even a settled side the injuries started to kick in as well.
It all makes for an unsettled start. Although, not as unsettled as the thirteen teams below us...
:grinning:

New players

Denorre
Longman
Campbell
Bryan
Nesbit
Skarkic
Norton Cuffy

You forgot Matija Sarkic mate. 😉

So many new players does affect the team spirit. I think Long getting moved on might have had a bigger effect off the field than people realise. After all he was seen as a long term signing by GR when he arrived.