Who remembers this game?

Queued up about 6 in the morning to get my ticket. What an atmosphere in the ground. Went to the replay but got locked out with many other thousands. A mate of mine who did manage to get in told me that Tommy Wilson made the best pass of the game……problem is that it went straight to Alan Gilzean who scored!
Ditto! Both Games. Great Days though.
I was talking about this with my Sister yesterday, I was 10 and my parents thought it was perfectly fine for me to queue up all night with my 7 year old nephew in tow, They would be nicked for neglect these days.
Pre Woke -World obviously.

Road to Wembley:
3rd Round v Millwall (a) Draw 0 - 0

Tottenham faced a difficult game against 2nd Division London rivals, Millwall, at their compact, hostile and muddy ground, The Den. Spurs had chances to win but were relieved to return to White Hart Lane for the replay the following Wednesday evening. Pat Jennings ensured that would happen with a number of important saves to earn the scoreless draw.

3rd Round Replay v Millwall (h) Won 1 - 0 Gilzean
Millwall made it difficult for Spurs in the replay at White Hart Lane and saw two chances cleared of the Spurs line. Only a goal scored by Alan Gilzean separated the two teams and that came when Jimmy Greaves intercepted a back-pass to the goalkeeper who blocked his shot but the ball fell to Gilzean to knock in to an empty net. Millwall had incredible support that night at times almost making it sound like a home game.
Thousands were also locked out from the ground which was at capacity.

Queued up about 6 in the morning to get my ticket. What an atmosphere in the ground. Went to the replay but got locked out with many other thousands. A mate of mine who did manage to get in told me that Tommy Wilson made the best pass of the game……problem is that it went straight to Alan Gilzean who scored!
I was supposed to be doing that. My school mate and his Dad were calling for me @ 6am and I asked my Dad to wake me before he went to work on the Saturday morning @ 5am (he was a ganger on a building site). I wake about 9am and well pissed off he didn't wake me up. However, he returns about 11am and says "come boy!"; "where we going Dad?"; "to Millwall to get some tickets". Me sulking "they won't have any left Dad". Anyway off we trot to the ground and meeting fellow Wall coming back and all saying "you won't get a ticket now mate". Dad just smiles and me still sulking. We get to the ground and queued for 5 mins and got two tickets! Happy days. 👍🙂 Still miss him after 47 years!

Had been home for a week after a an 14 month voyage. Got.tickets for both.games and it was Tommy Wilson who passed straight to Gilzean just outside our box. Frustrating night

I lived in Edric Road, just around the corner. Went to the home game, but was nearly nearly crushed trying to get into White Heart Lane. Lock out with thousands of Luther Millwall fans. Gutted to have to travel back to New Cross without seeing us play. The result top off my miserable night.

got to both games the game before spurs at home was plymouth who broke our home record in front of 16 thousand fans and plenty getting passed over the fence nearly getting crushed as the whole 16 thousand had moved to the ilderton road end for the second half plymouthsa manager said afterwards he could hear his players boots hit the grass when they attacked ,41 thousand at spurs game

got to both games the game before spurs at home was plymouth who broke our home record in front of 16 thousand fans and plenty getting passed over the fence nearly getting crushed as the whole 16 thousand had moved to the ilderton road end for the second half plymouthsa manager said afterwards he could hear his players boots hit the grass when they attacked ,41 thousand at spurs game
and seem to have a bit of space round me in the cbl jibbed off school for away game sure they shut the gates at 5 seemed to be us on all four sides of the ground over57 thousand in there was behind the goal where Leslie saved from Greaves ball bounced up and gilzean headed in eight minutes from the end out on the street you

Was there with dad brother grandad and a rake of Uncles...
Kicked off big time when dad said I couldnt go..mum said you cant take him and not her..
So off we went. I'm sure mums brothers queued in shifts, and grandad took his turn..

Members online