When you go to your oldest mate's mum's funeral

70sCR

and you realise all her brothers are Dagenham-born West Ham who look like they're doing a bad imitation of the Krays, then your mate makes a speech saying how much his mum was a fan of the police, as, he claims, is he, then you look round and there are two rozzers in uniform sitting just across the aisle😔 I loved that lady, and I'm sorry if this comes across as disrespectful, but there were times on Monday when I was thinking, 'Blimey! You think you know someone, but...'

and you realise all her brothers are Dagenham-born West Ham who look like they're doing a bad imitation of the Krays, then your mate makes a speech saying how much his mum was a fan of the police, as, he claims, is he, then you look round and there are two rozzers in uniform sitting just across the aisle😔 I loved that lady, and I'm sorry if this comes across as disrespectful, but there were times on Monday when I was thinking, 'Blimey! You think you know someone, but...'
again, superb.

Interesting. But two other ways of looking at this; 1) Maybe she had different experiences of the ob than you, and 2) the respect clearly went both ways, otherwise they wouldn't have shown up, or at least not in uniform.
Either way, it doesn't mean you love her any less obviously. And it doesn't come across as disrespectful, just surprised, understandably.

Interesting. But two other ways of looking at this; 1) Maybe she had different experiences of the ob than you, and 2) the respect clearly went both ways, otherwise they wouldn't have shown up, or at least not in uniform.
Either way, it doesn't mean you love her any less obviously. And it doesn't come across as disrespectful, just surprised, understandably.
Absolutely true King. I just don't personally know too many who have any time for OB. I've got none whatsoever for them. For me justice is DIY. And thanks mate. Appreciated.

Weirdly I was doing the same thing yesterday myself 🙏

Wouldn't they have been prison officers though?
For anyone who knows Cali Lion, this thread prompted one of the best tales he's ever told me (and there's some competition.) Worth posting to receive the words of a true genius. Sorry fellas. It was a private message😆