What do you think of Bart being dropped?

Lion-in-exile

I think GR has this down as being the big poles last season, he is the wrong side of 35 now and possibly showing signs that age is catching up with him.
He hasn't been dropped for a league game since he got here 3 years ago! Apart from Keller Bart is the best shot stopper I've ever seen in a Millwall shirt but his kicking is shocking and he can't move quickly enough to switch the play from one side to the other.
I was quite impressed with Long, looked confident, commanded his area and was much more mobile than Bart.
Thoughts!

We have 2 very good keepers so competition is good and can only benefit us hopefully, Bart has had a great run but having a keeper of Long’s quality it was going to happen. Long would have been on his way if he wasn’t given an opportunity, Bart will be pushing him to get his place back. We ain’t had 2 keepers of this quality for a while either.

After Archer's sometimes dubious performances, having Bart, to me anyway, gave our defenders a lot of confidence.
I would have been of the thinking if it ain't broken, don't fix it.....but Long is a great keeper too. Confident, and able to distribute the ball very well.
Was Long wanting to move on if he didn't get more game time? Certainly give Bart a bit of a break if needed, but I'd like to see both keepers happy at Millwall.

After Archer's sometimes dubious performances, having Bart, to me anyway, gave our defenders a lot of confidence.
I would have been of the thinking if it ain't broken, don't fix it.....but Long is a great keeper too. Confident, and able to distribute the ball very well.
Was Long wanting to move on if he didn't get more game time? Certainly give Bart a bit of a break if needed, but I'd like to see both keepers happy at Millwall.
Archer was excellent to start with and then bizarrely turned crap. He was kept in the team far too long ahead of Martin who was miles better by then. Gueret was also very good and kept about 6 clean sheets on the spin but had few chances with Warner the no.1. As said above we have two very good keepers and I agree we need to keep them both happy or risk losing Long.

Long, as GR said needed to get a chance, I believe that he may not have had his chance so soon, if Hutch was in the 11, GR said that Long has a voice on him, Cooper don't seem to be one to be vocal on the pitch and not a captain for me, I would pick Wallace, or Saville.

I could be wrong, but is Cooper the only one to have played all 10 games in the same spot in the league this season?

Bart is the best keeper we have had in years. Rowett said he felt Long needed a chance so Bart was rested rather than dropped. I think Bart has a few more seasons left in him yet.
I think Bart is going home to Poland at the end of the season.

Archer was excellent to start with and then bizarrely turned crap. He was kept in the team far too long ahead of Martin who was miles better by then. Gueret was also very good and kept about 6 clean sheets on the spin but had few chances with Warner the no.1. As said above we have two very good keepers and I agree we need to keep them both happy or risk losing Long.
I still have nightmares about Martin's fumble against Brighton in the cup tie.....and then signing for that lot across the river.
I think Bart is going home to Poland at the end of the season.
Wouldn't want to see that. Is he for retiring?

After the antics of Archer it was important to get a decent keeper in and Bart has been solid although his distribution of the ball is suss, if he is off somewhere else I think Long is a more than adequate replacement.

After the antics of Archer it was important to get a decent keeper in and Bart has been solid although his distribution of the ball is suss, if he is off somewhere else I think Long is a more than adequate replacement.
I think you have made a MASSIVE jump to that conclusion.
Football today is a squad game more than ever it was.
If you have different players for one position, it makes sense for dozens of reasons to change things up sometimes.
As someone has already said, maybe he just wanted to give Bart a rest.
The goalkeeper is no different. It never hurts to keep players on their toes and realise that nobody's place is written in stone.

I think you have made a MASSIVE jump to that conclusion.
Football today is a squad game more than ever it was.
If you have different players for one position, it makes sense for dozens of reasons to change things up sometimes.
As someone has already said, maybe he just wanted to give Bart a rest.
The goalkeeper is no different. It never hurts to keep players on their toes and realise that nobody's place is written in stone.
The 'if' was used after what another poster had written about the possibility of Bart returning to Poland and I know football is a squad game nowadays.

Bart great shot-stopper, poor distribution, general house-keeping and handling could be better.

Based on the few times I’ve seen Long play, I think he reads the game better, excellent distribution and handling and looks less likely to make a mistake.

Could Bart have stopped QPR’s 1st goal? Possibly and perhaps that’s why he was dropped.

Could Bart have stopped Blackpool’s goal? Maybe 🤔

I think the reason Long has been brought in is because he organises the defence better and they need that at present.

But as been alluded to earlier in this thread, they’re both good keepers and whoever plays won’t let us down.

I still have nightmares about Martin's fumble against Brighton in the cup tie.....and then signing for that lot across the river.

Wouldn't want to see that. Is he for retiring?
As for Martin's fumble, would we have stayed up if he hadn't? as all the players would surely be thinking of playing at Wembley.

Think Long commands the area far better.. Bart is undoubtedly one of the best shot stoppers we have ever had, but can be bullied on corners, kicking can be suspect and theres been a couple of major cock ups. I'd give Long a run as keeper..