Wall v Stoke match thread

Much better 👍

Two up-front 👍

Bryan and Leonard 👏👏

BNC going forward 👍 defending 🤔

Flemming more involved but still more wanted.

Saville exceptional 👏

Only negative at present, the bloke sitting next to me knows sweet fa about football, has a short fuse and big gob 🤦‍♂️. Unfortunately, it looks like I’m going to have to put up with this all season 😞

More of the same 2nd please 🙏
Spill ya coffee on him

Well needed win
Cuffy looks good
Lots of effert
Rab c is quality
Fine lines though easily could of lost 2-1 in the final 5 mins there how on earth one stayed out I will never know
Onwards and upwards coyl
Thanks lads. I am in a top mood now. Get the shirt pressed and stuff my face with a big pile of grub.
On one and up all night Miillllllwalllll.

Positives from the win:

Nisbet gets his 1st goal in a Millwall shirt! Flemming was much more involved with two good chances (along with Vogi) 2nd half! Our pass and move was much better since Boro! Sarkic’s fantastic save in the dying minutes prevented a draw and might have silenced his critics! Cooper still has it as a CH and was MOM for me!

Negatives:

Nowhere near as good in the 2nd half as in the 1st and we let Stoke control 2nd half! They bombarded us and our goal led a charmed life, but we didn’t seem to want to go and get a 2nd to kill the game off (apart from that double chance by Flemming and the follow up from Vogi towards the end.)

Really couldn’t have argued had it been a draw! The commitment and desire was back, but the players have to replicate that again against Brum away next Saturday!

3, pts the hard way but a lot more grit and determination shown by all. Cooper MOM but great performances from Hutch and Leonard. I still think De Norre walks back into this team when fit. We’re great at breaking up play in midfield but we need better distribution.

COYL

Positives from the win:

Nisbet gets his 1st goal in a Millwall shirt! Flemming was much more involved with two good chances (along with Vogi) 2nd half! Our pass and move was much better since Boro! Sarkic’s fantastic save in the dying minutes prevented a draw and might have silenced his critics! Cooper still has it as a CH and was MOM for me!

Negatives:

Nowhere near as good in the 2nd half as in the 1st and we let Stoke control 2nd half! They bombarded us and our goal led a charmed life, but we didn’t seem to want to go and get a 2nd to kill the game off (apart from that double chance by Flemming and the follow up from Vogi towards the end.)

Really couldn’t have argued had it been a draw! The commitment and desire was back, but the players have to replicate that again against Brum away next Saturday!
Before the game, the most important for me was the spirit and hunger shown by the players in whatever system Drawitt chose to play. Next was the three points. Both those boxes ticked today.
Yes I agree, a long way to go to make it easier on our tickers, but ffs, we now appear to have something to build on and for the moment we should celebrate by dwelling on that show and put the negatives to one side. Stokes four half time changes, (Drawett take note for our future, you don't have to wait until the 60th/80th minutes when a goal behind?) were made for a reason, and our boys struggled to adapt with tables turned, but they did. Happy with that. Something to build on, onward and upward COYL

Fuck knows how we won that,glad we won but not a great performance atall. We sat back that whole second half and if it wasn't for coops and Leonard then we would have lost that, they should have scored 4 or 5. We move

We were on the front foot from the start, we were competitive and nasty and didn’t let them find their game for the first 60 minutes.

Bradshaw and Cooper were both key at opposite ends of the pitch.

We rode our luck at the end but it was a real Millwall performance at home which is all we ask for. Even if we’d drawn at the end I think most would have been happy with what we saw.

Rowett finally saw the light after a well deserved kick up the arse.