Wall V Middlesbrough match thread.

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Twelfth plays fifteenth-us. On the back of a home win v Chelsea they should be in good spirits. They score goals away from home. Only once from there last nine aways have they failed to score ( Rotherham ). Other than that one they tend to score two per away game. But but but,,,,,,,,,,, we look like a different animal of late. Unbeaten in our last five league games, four clean sheets on the spin and our home form has seen an upturn. This fixture is one for clean sheets and has seen both teams score only once from our last seven meetings.

As you've probably all read we have an array injuries plus one suspension. As i type this the club's OS team news says--------------

Shaun Hutchinson, Murray Wallace, Aidomo Emakhu, Ryan Leonard and Casper De Norre will miss the match through injury - although the latter is scheduled to return as soon as possible - whilst George Saville will sit out the fixture as he serves the third and final game of his suspension for a red card against Norwich City. Brooke Norton-Cuffy's fitness will be assessed ahead of kick-off, meanwhile, with names such as Ryan Longman, Romain Esse and Tom Bradshaw waiting in the wings if the Head Coach opts for changes.

I now believe that Bradshaw is supposed to be out for the next month due to a hamstring injury. Although i haven't seen any confirmation of that.

Weather forecast is dry but farking cold. No problems reported with accessing South Bermondsey by train from what i gather.

Should be another good crowd and no doubt that the Smoggies will bring a few which should make for a good atmosphere.

Be loud, proud and behave yourselves :hehe:

COYL.

We fear no foe

Last edited:
Nice assessment mate, to be honest it looks like all our players are playing from joes hymn sheet. It makes me confident every game whoever we play. The team we finished with against Leicester looked good and might start tomorrow. I believe if we win teams might look over their shoulders at us. Enjoy all that’s going and roar the boys on.

🤞 Our good run continues ,will be tough as we're down to the barest of bones , but with the spirit we've been showing of late I think I'll plump for a narrow win , but will take a point , as has been said they are more than useful away from home ,bout time that changed.
COYL

They have plenty of injuries as well although they have also brought in two players during the transfer window (Ayling and Aziz).

Twelfth plays fifteenth-us. On the back of a home win v Chelsea they should be in good spirits. They score goals away from home. Only once from there last nine aways have they failed to score ( Rotherham ). Other than that one they tend to score two per away game. But but but,,,,,,,,,,, we look like a different animal of late. Unbeaten in our last five league games, four clean sheets on the spin and our home form has seen an upturn. This fixture is one for clean sheets and has seen both teams score only once from our last seven meetings.

As you've probably all read we have an array injuries plus one suspension. As i type this the club's OS team news says--------------

Shaun Hutchinson, Murray Wallace, Aidomo Emakhu, Ryan Leonard and Casper De Norre will miss the match through injury - although the latter is scheduled to return as soon as possible - whilst George Saville will sit out the fixture as he serves the third and final game of his suspension for a red card against Norwich City. Brooke Norton-Cuffy's fitness will be assessed ahead of kick-off, meanwhile, with names such as Ryan Longman, Romain Esse and Tom Bradshaw waiting in the wings if the Head Coach opts for changes.

I now believe that Bradshaw is supposed to be out for the next month due to a hamstring injury. Although i haven't seen any confirmation of that.

Weather forecast is dry but farking cold. No problems reported with accessing South Bermondsey by train from what i gather.

Should be another good crowd and no doubt that the Smoggies will bring a few which should make for a good atmosphere.

Be loud, proud and behave yourselves :hehe:

COYL.

We fear no foe
Spot on mate. Things really do appear to be falling into place and I have a good feeling about the rest of this season 🤞

with billy in attacking mode, watmore and honeyman looking on fire even danny mac getting forward passing improved, cooper wallace harding working well

feel we are a team with spirit, do not see us losing maybe win or draw

Eight points outside the playoffs……… that’s how I see it and I am sure everyone would have loved that at the beginning of the season

Yazz………..