****** Wall has resurfaced again.....

Mentioned MO in passing to the missus other day and the first thing she brought up was the damned bunker thread 🤣

Anyone else got an air raid shelter in their garden ? I’ve got a purpose built one serious job, a polish couple lived here and had it built.

Now wait... I did once date a nice girl who had told me that her father's old neighbor had one of those survivalist type bunkers.. Didn't believe her until she took me out that way, and I'll be damned.. Long since overgrown and covered in all manner of thistle and vine but pretty creepy in a sense. Just popped our heads in with a torch but you couldn't see squat and wasn't going down there as she was keen to the backseat anyhow👍.
Not a war bunkers - just a regular old cold war era Yank nut job type of bunker.

We had one in our garden when I was a kid, I found an old newspaper in it from 1944 or 1945 which was fascinating. It had a front entrance & an escape hole but would never have survived a direct hit.

Anyone else got an air raid shelter in their garden ? I’ve got a purpose built one serious job, a polish couple lived here and had it built.
My mate has been told he has one that runs along his back garden that goes along the whole terrace. I guess its the same type as the one in the paper.

Members online