VAR - update patch

HappyLion

Here are 4 of mine:

1) Two minutes for VAR to override refs call (or refs call remains)
2) Ref does not get the option to see on the screen once he hands over to VAR. He has made his call.
3) If VAR raise an issue they have that 2 minutes to call it. If they exceed 2 minutes the refs original call stands. The ref has option to stick with his original call & has the last word.
4) Any event more than a minute from the refs call cannot be subject to VAR.

Scrap VAR. Pointless and will ruin football.
it's a job for the boys , instead of 4 idiots you now have up to 7 , but it's here to stay and you cannot even criticize them without getting into trouble the FA have made them untouchable from the people playing /managering the game and the crap decisions will carry on and it will cost clubs points / goals

Since my stroke my memory has been terrible but can someone remind me if a ref and 2 linesman was ever as bad as VAR ?

I have a better idea. Lets have a new VAR panel to adjudicate on the decision made by the VAR referee. More jobs for the boys and more delay which will mean that scum sports can introduce an ad break every time a decision is reviewed. What could possibly go wrong.

I have a better idea. Lets have a new VAR panel to adjudicate on the decision made by the VAR referee. More jobs for the boys and more delay which will mean that scum sports can introduce an ad break every time a decision is reviewed. What could possibly go wrong.
Sorry mate read your post after posting mine

Leave VAR as it is, and let Linekar and Shearer change the result later that night on MOTD.
If that results in a goal being scored that was disallowed by ref/var fans can go mental at home or in the pub.

Seems there is talk of changing the offside rule. There must be 'daylight' between the last defender and the attacking player for it to be offside. Not just a toe closer to the goal as it is now. Bottom line is fans, players and managers dont like or want VAR. Its just the refs & suits that do.

Arsene Wenger, former manager of Arsenal and current acting FIFA president of global football development, has proposed modifying the offside rule. He wants to loosen the rules a little for the strikers so that goals aren't called back for minor infractions that provide no meaningful benefit to the defense.