Update on the QPR Points deduction

silverlion

Staff member
From somebody on their forum on Jan 10th.

From one of them

It’s too do with the ffp fine apparently
we can’t pay it and have been given extra 4 weeks to find the money (don’t know how much it is or if it’s a few instalments we’ve missed ) I thought fernades paid this !

and if not paid within the next deadline a 10 point deduction will be given (we can’t pay it )

so will take the 10 points but we still will maybe to pay it .

i knew we was In a bit of financial trouble but it’s 100 times worst than I thought .

we are apparently in a worst state than reading was . We are going to be lucky to have a club next season the way he was talking ! Unless we get a rich backer who won’t care loosing millions
this is why we haven’t heard nothing from the club

Who knows? Surely the 4 weeks are up by now?

From somebody on their forum on Jan 10th.

From one of them

It’s too do with the ffp fine apparently
we can’t pay it and have been given extra 4 weeks to find the money (don’t know how much it is or if it’s a few instalments we’ve missed ) I thought fernades paid this !

and if not paid within the next deadline a 10 point deduction will be given (we can’t pay it )

so will take the 10 points but we still will maybe to pay it .

i knew we was In a bit of financial trouble but it’s 100 times worst than I thought .

we are apparently in a worst state than reading was . We are going to be lucky to have a club next season the way he was talking ! Unless we get a rich backer who won’t care loosing millions
this is why we haven’t heard nothing from the club

Who knows? Surely the 4 weeks are up by now?
Maybe that's why the F.A have been quiet, they're thinking of a plan to extend it to next season if it manages to be detrimental to Millwall?

Maybe that's why the F.A have been quiet, they're thinking of a plan to extend it to next season if it manages to be detrimental to Millwall?
I was thinking exactly the same mate and that’s what prompted my question. They will delay the deduction until the last moment to see if it can cause our demise. Not a conspiracy theory either!

Apparently their accounts were lodged at companies house last night and according to a lengthy article on we are the rangers boys forum titled FFP analysis in light of the accounts for 22/23 total losses for the season ending May2023 were just over £20 million and the cumulative losses for the three seasons that count for FFP come in at over £48 million

Apparently their accounts were lodged at companies house last night and according to a lengthy article on we are the rangers boys forum titled FFP analysis in light of the accounts for 22/23 total losses for the season ending May2023 were just over £20 million and the cumulative losses for the three seasons that count for FFP come in at over £48 million
Probably too late in the season now to be given a points deduction, I assume, even if they have breached FFP?

Reading that as they own and operating a new training ground and not paying a massive rent on their old site at Harlington plus Palace paying some addons for the Ebre Eze transfer they might get away with it this year but how the hell can all these clubs keep racking up these massive losses year after year

Probably too late in the season now to be given a points deduction, I assume, even if they have breached FFP?
Not too late, point deductions are given when they are found guilty, whatever the stage of the season is.
Hopefully it will be irrelevant to us.
The EFL site has plenty of info but I ain't going through it all.

Reading that as they own and operating a new training ground and not paying a massive rent on their old site at Harlington plus Palace paying some addons for the Ebre Eze transfer they might get away with it this year but how the hell can all these clubs keep racking up these massive losses year after year
They are still £9 million overspent for the 3 years. They can claim upto 1/2 a million a year if running youth or Womens teams but are still in excess of target. Additionally, I believe they have defaulted on the fines previously issued correct me if I am wrong.

Not got a clue and looking at some of the comments on their forum dont think they know themselves. Some new money went in to renaming of the stadium and lots of players contract end in the summer so they can write those down as losses but they must be sailing close to the wind. But if Man city can have over 100 financial breaches and carry on operating why cant everybody else

It's all ifs, buts and maybes at the moment.

There is some dispensation for COVID related losses but, taken at face value it looks like QPR are well over budget.

If that is the case then I would think that the EPL will impose at least, a six point penalty asap. If, and when, that happens I guess that QPR then have a choice to make. If they don't think that they can avoid relegation with 6 fewer points, I guess that they might appeal the penalty and that appeal might not be heard until after this season ends. If the appeal fails, I assume that the EFL might increase the penalty to come into effect next season but I suppose that QPR would hope to make up those points over 46 games. In any event, it won't help us much.

Whatever the situation, it's a sad state of affairs when you have to hope that a points deduction on another club will save us from relegation.

And yet people moan about us taking ‘the cheap option’ with managers, and not splashing enough cash on players, oh and too many tourists and ‘non Millwall types’ turning up for games, and the away fans being given the whole end 🙄

Last edited:
I really doesn't have to be too late, they can use that excuse to weave whatever narrative that suits their desire... If it's based on this season then they should be deducted points with immediate effect... the stats are there in black and white... imagine if it was Millwall in this predicament... their heartbeat wouldn't have beat twice before they bought the axe down on us.

As usual, one rule for one....

I guess that they might appeal the penalty and that appeal might not be heard until after this season ends
That's the usual thing for clubs to do. Appeal to buy time so any punishments can only be applied for the following season. I don't think it's the first time they've been hauled in for this.

I'd like to think that we'd be dragging our heals and trying to buy time too. That's what expensive lawyers are for mate.
True but how long do these things go on for... isn't it several years now... Everton got pumped with one fine already this season and possibly a second one too.

If QPR go down without the points deduction and then gets applied when in league one... that'll teach em... what must not happen though is that if they are mathematically relegated is that the deduction must not be applied then... that's not on as that is no punishment at all!

Reminds me. I was told I would be paying extra on my rates for 10 years to cover the poxy 2012 Olympics. So let me guess who is still paying for the London stadium. Tossers.

£625 million from a council tax surcharge of £20 per year for London households.

Sadiq Khan using loophole to raise cash for his unbalanced budget The Mayor of London is continuing to impose an ‘Olympic tax’ on Londoners – even though the debt of the Games has been wiped.

Last edited:
Keep blaming Khan when it's central government that set the budget levels. Always will have a labour mayor in London and that suits the toffs down to the ground. Khan is undoubtedly a cunt of epic proportions but he's also a fall guy for the toffs incompetence and open corruption. But congestion etc etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Either way there was no mandate for londoners to pay (boris) or to extend the extra charge (khan). What really gets me is when manchester had the commonweath games everyone paid for it.

And soon getting from south of the Thames you will have to pay tolls and go through the ulez..