Trains Tomorrow?

PurleyLion

Staff member
Normally when there’s a rail strike I can get a train to London Bridge then the underground to Bermondsey but it looks like there are no trains at all tomorrow.

Have I got this wrong?

I think the whole lot are banjaxed tomorrow Purley, and also next Wednesday 4th. Thameslink often run a limited service on strike days but it looks like there is nothing at all running this time.
I really feel for people for whom the train is their one and only form of transport, they must be pulling their hair out

Purley.

407 bus at 12.54 from Purley Station to West Croydon Station.

Overground to Surrey Docks gets there at 14.00.

Ihr 6 minutes.

Other times are available depending on how long it takes you to walk to The Den from Docks station.

Other buses to West Croydon from Purley Tesco or Station are 166 and 455.

Good luck.

Purley.

407 bus at 12.54 from Purley Station to West Croydon Station.

Overground to Surrey Docks gets there at 14.00.

Ihr 6 minutes.

Other times are available depending on how long it takes you to walk to The Den from Docks station.

Other buses to West Croydon from Purley Tesco or Station are 166 and 455.

Good luck.
Coincidentally, I’ve just checked the Overground and it’s running, so not as bad as expected 👍

There’s always a Lime Bike (or scooter)
I don’t know what that is, but It has the word bike in the name, so I’m guessing it’s a no from me.
It was actually a serious enquiry.
There is a bus replacement service from Stansted to London, but I don’t know why.
I’m hoping it is due to engineering works and not strikes.

I don’t know what that is, but It has the word bike in the name, so I’m guessing it’s a no from me.
It was actually a serious enquiry.
There is a bus replacement service from Stansted to London, but I don’t know why.
I’m hoping it is due to engineering works and not strikes.
I often park near Nunhead & get a lime bike to the ground, but I didn’t know you were coming from Stansted 🙈
I think they run regular cheap coaches from Stansted, not just because of the strikes.
For what it’s worth, Gatwick trains are still running in a fashion so hopefully Stansted will be the same

I often park near Nunhead & get a lime bike to the ground, but I didn’t know you were coming from Stansted 🙈
I think they run regular cheap coaches from Stansted, not just because of the strikes.
For what it’s worth, Gatwick trains are still running in a fashion so hopefully Stansted will be the same
I have bought one day travel cards, as I always do, and the website tells me that instead of a train, there is a bus replacement. It’s not the first time, and it worked not too badly last time.
It is what it is.
I’m on a whistle stop weekend. Arrive Friday night about 8 pm.
Night in hotel. Day out in London on Saturday. Meal at an Indian in Borough Saturday evening. Flight home Sunday at 1300hrs. Arrive back indoors at about 1700hrs Sunday. Phew.

I have bought one day travel cards, as I always do, and the website tells me that instead of a train, there is a bus replacement. It’s not the first time, and it worked not too badly last time.
It is what it is.
I’m on a whistle stop weekend. Arrive Friday night about 8 pm.
Night in hotel. Day out in London on Saturday. Meal at an Indian in Borough Saturday evening. Flight home Sunday at 1300hrs. Arrive back indoors at about 1700hrs Sunday. Phew.
Funny, I thought you lot on the “Most Wanted” list flew in to Biggin Hill 😅

It looks like there are no services (Thameslink or otherwise) from East Croydon to London Bridge or Victoria, so if there are Thameslink trains from East Sussex I’d be interested to establish the route they’ll be taking.
Just had another look. The only service running is a southern trains shuttle service that goes from Gatwick to Victoria without stopping at any other station. You'll be okay anyway as the overground from west Croydon is running a normal service.