Trains next weekend

Irish Millwall

Big weekend for me next week. I'm bringing my two boys(9 and 7) to the match next weekend. It'll be my younger boys first trip to the Den. Can anyone tell me what's happening with the trains next weekend? We're staying in Sussex for a few days and my plan is to get a train from Crawley to London Bridge and then to South Bermondsey. Does anyone know if we can get a train to the match next weekend or am I better off taking the car? From a Google search, there's a strike next weekend but I'm not sure how many trains are going to be cancelled.

Big weekend for me next week. I'm bringing my two boys(9 and 7) to the match next weekend. It'll be my younger boys first trip to the Den. Can anyone tell me what's happening with the trains next weekend? We're staying in Sussex for a few days and my plan is to get a train from Crawley to London Bridge and then to South Bermondsey. Does anyone know if we can get a train to the match next weekend or am I better off taking the car? From a Google search, there's a strike next weekend but I'm not sure how many trains are going to be cancelled.
Go on Trainline and put your intended times in and it should tell you. Good Luck!

I've just checked and it seems they are running. For example Crawley 10:38 Arrives London Bridge 11:30.
Then trains even half hour to South Bermondsey.
But be on safe side and double check for yourself.

Better off using this link rather than Trainline as it’s more accurate

Thanks for the replies. On checking, it says that there are fewer trains than normal but I can definitely book tickets. I suppose that my worry is if there's any risk that I could book tickets and then turn up and find the train cancelled unexpectedly. So if they're selling tickets for a train on Saturday, can I be certain that the train will run?

Keep an eye on southern trains and thameslinks website. They're the providers on that line. I can't see anything about planned industrail action for next weekend.

Don't think there's a strike but ASLEF drivers won't be working overtime which may mean not all trains running. Likely to depend on which train company you need to use as some rely heavily on overtime working while others have a greater pool of drivers and less reliant. Likely to be cancellations some at the last minute with those trains running carrying more passengers. Also trains likely to stop running earlier than normal.

I'm in the same position as will be travelling from Bristol. Will keep an eye on how trains running towards the end of the week especially on Friday as some cancellations made late the previous evening. My plan is still to take the train but go for one earlier than I would normally in the hope that, if it's a last minute cancellation, there will still be another one to get me to London in time.

Don't think there's a strike but ASLEF drivers won't be working overtime which may mean not all trains running. Likely to depend on which train company you need to use as some rely heavily on overtime working while others have a greater pool of drivers and less reliant. Likely to be cancellations some at the last minute with those trains running carrying more passengers. Also trains likely to stop running earlier than normal.

I'm in the same position as will be travelling from Bristol. Will keep an eye on how trains running towards the end of the week especially on Friday as some cancellations made late the previous evening. My plan is still to take the train but go for one earlier than I would normally in the hope that, if it's a last minute cancellation, there will still be another one to get me to London in time.
As you say, important to get there early. A mate of mine found all the trains cancelled on one route a while back but but by the sounds of it it shouldn't be that bad. Either way, I'll be bringing the car to the station so I'll have a plan b.

Off the OS:

Bristol: Due to industrial action, trains will not serve South Bermondsey pre-match and post-match.

Stoke: Due to engineering works, between Peckham Rye and Streatham, services will be unavailable at South Bermondsey or on the Tulse Hill/London Bridge route.

Assume the tube Canada Water or Bermondsey will still be available instead of South Bermondsey.

Last edited:

Members online